Digital Boxes - One does not show all channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Digital Boxes - One does not show all channels

I have three digital boxes in my home. All boxes are identical but with one box I am unable to get channels that I can get with the other two. I have rebooted the box a few times but not luck. I was going to RESET on line but am not sure what that involves and does it reset all three boxes. 

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital Boxes - One does not show all channels

Have you tried the faulty box in the same room (ie same wire) as the ones that do work?

Also you can just call and get them to reset the one faulty box..

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having this issue.  I have a purchased 8642 500 GB (9 months old) and it was working OK until July.  Suddenly it started to do phantom recordings (the recording wasn't set up but the machine says it's recording - and it actually isn't!), missing recordings and dropping channels.  Only about 6 at the time.  I phoned and was told it was probably a faulty box and exchange it.  That was a pain and another story in itself, but now I have a new box and when I plugged it in, the problem got WORSE - I can't get 118+ channels... that I'm paying for! 

I've plugged the unit in and out, had techs come over, had them re -authorize the box, SEVERAL techs worked on the line feeding the house.  I've been told that the signal is weak.  I've been told that the signal is strong.  I've been told that Cisco knows of the issue, that Cisco DOESN'T know about the issue, that Rogers is having on going issues.  The only thing that I haven't been told is when is this problem going to get fixed!!  I'm just frustrated!!!! 

I now have two tickets open with Rogers and they are saying that they will phone and advise me on the situation. 

Can anyone help?  My TV is my main source of entertainment so it sucks that I can watch only some of it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Best exchange the box at a Rogers store for a new one. If it's under warentee they will just exchange it for you.

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried that already.  They replace them with refurbished units, not new!  And still had issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if this is the same,but my problem is this:

I went to Rogers Channel 63 this morning and it was available to watch.I changed to watch CP24 for a few moments,then went back to CH.63,and it came up "Channel Unavailable,Try again later". TVO Channel 2 comes up with this message permanently and sometimes others do randomly.I have a an Explorer 8300HD box I bought,and it works well otherwise.I have unplugged it,and rebooted,but channel 63 and TVO 02 still won't work.Also The Rogers HD Channel 510 gives same message.

I  can try these channels that give me these problems,and they will work later for no reason at all.Later today or tomorrow,if I try

Ch.63 or Ch 510 it will work,as yesterday, CH 12 and 13 gave the same message,but they are ok today.

The anolog channels will work on the higher channels.

Why won't TVO CH 02 work at all?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

If TVO 02 does not work, have you tried TVO HD?

Also, are you using HDMI connections? Some have mentioned signal switching problems when using HDMI cables (which I can attest to too!)