Digital Adapter ordering

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital Adapter ordering

I wouldn't have minded picking up at a store .. but when I called that wasn't an option. My beef here is at least tell the customer when it's coming and provide a track code ... or leave it at the door. Doing neither is just lousy service.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Originally the adapters were supposed to be delivered by courier or Canada Post, but when I ordered mine, I was told to pick them up at my Rogers store. Perhaps it varied by area. That was over a year ago when Speed Channel went digital and I called to ask why it was gone. Apparently notifications about the transition to digital and the adapters was included in the fine print at the bottom of Rogers bills, which many people missed. Rogers has tried to phase in the transition gradually area by area, but clearly a lot of people still put off ordering the adapters until they started missing too many channels, hence the backlog.

BAppel81
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

When you call in to have an adapter ordered, it's not a matter of CAN or CANNOT pick it up at the store. The supply is running low, so in an effort to ensure that everybody that requires one gets one, we are sending it out by courier.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Makes sense, eliminating one step. I guess when I got mine there was a good supply and the stores all had them.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

@Sailorman wrote:

I wouldn't have minded picking up at a store .. but when I called that wasn't an option. My beef here is at least tell the customer when it's coming and provide a track code ... or leave it at the door. Doing neither is just lousy service.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Originally the adapters were supposed to be delivered by courier or Canada Post, but when I ordered mine, I was told to pick them up at my Rogers store. Perhaps it varied by area. That was over a year ago when Speed Channel went digital and I called to ask why it was gone. Apparently notifications about the transition to digital and the adapters was included in the fine print at the bottom of Rogers bills, which many people missed. Rogers has tried to phase in the transition gradually area by area, but clearly a lot of people still put off ordering the adapters until they started missing too many channels, hence the backlog.

2-weeks today since I placed my order .. No sign of it yet. Not impressed. 

Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

@Sailorman wrote:

@Sailorman wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

2-weeks today since I placed my order .. No sign of it yet. Not impressed. 

It's now 12 business days since I placed my order by phone for a digital adaptor. I've contacted Rogers 3 times in the last week to investigate where it is. They have confirmed the order is in progress but are unable to confirm if or when it will be delivered. Unfortunately the digital adaptors are only available by ordering through Rogers.com or by phone; the stores do not have any stock. 

Not at all impressed. The Customer Service Rep I spoke to today promised to look into it and phone me back today with status. Six-hours later no one has called back. Should I be surprised; Does anyone have any suggestions who I can escalate this too. I'm a long time customer with four Rogers Services that pays almost $400 per month.  

I'm inclined to cancel it all and go with Bell or others; just not convinved they are any better  Not exactly a positive sign for an organization that is trying to improve it's service. None of the employees cantacted have taken ownership to resolve. I hope a customer survey follows on these calls as they need the feedback badly.  

RogersMaude

Good evening @Sailorman ,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We would definitely be willing to investigate this matter further.

We'll have someone reach out to you via Private Message,  look out for the message in your inbox.

RogersMaude

Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @Sailorman ,

We are truly sorry for the poor customer experience.

We would definitely be willing to investigate this matter further.

We'll have someone reach out to you via Private Message,  look out for the message in your inbox.

RogersMaude

Finally up and running on a Digital Adapter this morning. Rogers was able to secure an adaptor from a local store on Friday. An on-site visit by tech support was required this morning to tweek the signal to get it working, but all is good now.  

Thanks to all at Rogers for getting this sorted Smiley Happy

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @Sailorman ,

Thank you for your feedback Smiley Very Happy

I am extremely happy to see that we were able to resolve the situation and that your digital adapter is now functional.

RogersMaude

stcktrac
I've Been Here Awhile

I keep getting the requests from the monthly billing and updates on my e-mail to order the Rogers Digital Adapter for any TV I have.

I did lose cable alltogether this past week on one TV set in our guest room the signals on the lower teir and higher teir

are gone. This is a smart TV so I assume this adapter is needed.  

The oddity,  I went in to order said adapter from Rogers and after entering in my account number the responce was I don't qualify for the box... But billing said to go order it .... Very confusing! 

Can anyone please shead light on a solution other then switching providers. ThAnKs for your hrlp.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A lot depends on your account, and what your TV package is.

(not even sure, if the web page properly works anymore? is that was the message in the billing said to go online and do it?)

But depending on your package, you have X many allowed 'outlets' which are supported.

Basic TV, usually only has 1.  So if you have a box already elsewere.. than likely its takes up that spot.. and additiona outlets need to be added to the account ( usually at a cost 😞 ) (vs higher packages, usually include more outlets).

But yes, for that TV up there.. since analog is 100% gone now, a digital adapter at minimum would be require to get TV signal on it.