Did Rogers hire the Obamacare programmers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Did Rogers hire the Obamacare programmers?

Judging by the level of incompetence, it seems that way.  I recently returned from an extended vacation to find the PVR code has been "updated" again.  And once again it gets worse.  We now seem to have a totally useless "shows like this" type of feature.  I guess to pay for this they have introduced a five second delay in various places, like choosing a recorded show or exiting after watching.  And decades ago we programmers managed the simple code to ignore "The " at the beginning of a title when sorting alphabetically.  This still seems to be beyond Rogers to figure out.

I guess we should be thankful they didn't further restrict the time adjustment for recordings.  You used to be able to change the start and stop times in one minute increments up or down.  Now it's in larger chunks, in one direction only, almost guaranteeing overlap with other shows, thanks to the one minute extension that Canadian stations add to many popular shows.  And we lost the function of being able to jump directly to the end of a program.

But here's the weirdest:  I've used the HD channels in the 520's range for Favourites and recording.  But I noticed that the PVR has arbitrarily and without notification switched many of these to the low band (i.e.., channels in the teens), which also now carry HD.  Okay, fine.  If that's the way you want it.  Maybe they're freeing up the 500s for something else.  So last weekend I spent some time switching my Favourites to the low band and reprogramming my shows to there as well.  Guess what?  Now the PVR is switching them to the 500s level!  What's up with that?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Did Rogers hire the Obamacare programmers?

There is a current bug, with switching the high/low band version of the channels around when recording.... it appeared.. went away.. and has come back now.

To explain a little how the channels go.. the LOW band one, by default, are actually SD channels.  If you have only a DTA or an SD box.. they show the SD feed of that channel.  But if you have an HD box.. they auto FORCE the HD version down, to that channel instead. (so your really watching the 500 version of the channel)  So both the lower and higher versions of the channel, will be staying.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Did Rogers hire the Obamacare programmers?

Interesting info on the channel bands, thanks.  I don't care which band I use; I only care that the programming stays where I put it.  Hopefully they'll re-fix this bug without introducing two new ones in the process.  I've given up hope that they will bring back the functionality that's been taken away.