cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Savings Recovery Fee

Wiebob
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently upgraded two phones on my account to the S9+, both on a ShareEverything 2GB-Prem+Tab plan.

I just logged into my account to make a payment, only to discover a $1000 Device Savings Recovery Fee for one of the cell phones. After a quick call to Rogers, I'm told that this second cell phone was purchased as a no-Tab plan, so I have to pay the $1000. Uh uh. Not only did I trade in another phone for it, I also paid an additional $179, to have it on the 2GB-Prem+Tab plan. I was told this wasn't the case. I've dug up the paperwork, which clearly shows the two phones I upgraded are both on the Tab plan...and they couldn't do anything for me. I was told that all I could do was go to the store I purchased the phones from, and hopefully they could sort it out. Hmmmmm...waited almost an hour in line there to start with, then literally spent almost 3 hours switching the phones over and transferring data. Can't say I'm looking forward to having to go back again.

Not happy right now...

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Device Savings Recovery Fee

RogersMaude

Good day @Wiebob,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I appreciate you took the time to share your detailed account of events with us.

It would be my pleasure to help you shed some light on this matter, as I understand how frustrating it is to see unexpected charges on your invoice.

To see the definition of the Device Savings Recovery fee, please visit this page.

If you received a device subsidy (indicated on the bill as an Economic Inducement Credit) for subscribing to a wireless voice and data plan, but you renewed your contract for a new subsidy before the end of your term contract, we charge a Device Savings Recovery Fee to cover the device subsidy that you received when you activated the plan.

Therefore, this would mean that there was a balance remaining on the phones that were subsidized before you upgraded for the Samsung Galaxy S9+ devices.

I am sorry to hear this explanation did not seem to have been communicated during your interaction with our representative. If you were no longer under contract (No Tab) there should not have been a Device Savings Recovery Fee billed to your account when the hardware upgrade was processed.

If you need further assistance with regards to the billed charges on your most recent invoice, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss your account privately. If you're not familiar with how to do so, please follow this link for instructions: https://roge.rs/2sjzBkY.

RogersMaude

Wiebob
I've Been Here Awhile

I was no longer under contract...in fact, my device balances were $0 on all phones, and the contract had been expired for over a year. That's okay, though. I'm not happy about it, but I guess I'll be spending some time this week at the local Rogers store where I upgraded the phones, trying to get this resolved.

I appreciate your reply @Wiebob!

Are you under the impression that both upgrades were done on the same phone number? That could explain why the subsidy was billed.

Let us know if you are still experiencing issues getting this rectified after your store visit and don't hesitate to ask to discuss this situation with the store manager.

I totally understand why you are not happy about having to go back but I'm confident they will take the necessary measures for you.

Regards,

RogersMaude

sounds like the store messed up and needs to fix this mess