Deposit?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Deposit?

Hi there.

I am curious about something. Last week, I recently switched back to Rogers from Wind. I was told by the gentleman that according to his system I need to put a $100 deposit down and will have a $300 credit. I was quite surprised as I have never had to do this before.

Concerned, I went home and paid the fee to get a credit check done. It showed not only an excellent score, but also no issues with my credit. It showed my previous Rogers account as being paid in full and closed (which I did when I went to Wind). I have never been late on a payment and have always paid in full each month. The only thing I can think of that would warrant the deposit is switching carriers often as I have done in the past 1.5 years (switched 3 or 4 times..). Each time, though, I have paid everything in full.

What reason would I have for putting a deposit down if my credit is good and there are no issues?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Deposit?

That does sound odd.. usual when the credit check is done.. that is it.

Was this at a store? or on the phone, that they said for this?  Wondering if it was just the store which was forcing this.. (maybe they get alot of fraud in the area, etc).

I would try another store or over the phone then, see if they say the same thing?

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. It was through a store. I went through with the new activation anyways with the deposit, as I should have no problem getting it back as I always pay my bill every month. I am just still quite surprised, as my credit is excellent. It makes me feel like I am not one to be trusted!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

when i switched from bell to rogers (probably... 5 years ago? for my cell).. litteraly went in, and gave them my credit card, and drivers license..they did a check.. then continued the process.

Now, this could have changed that its a more complex check now? 
Or more likely the store... just curious what rough location is it?