Denying purchase of apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Denying purchase of apps

I'm a single father of 2 and I have since have bought 2 new cell phones for them and i'm wondering, is there any way to restrict them from purchasing apps? I'm really trying to limit the amount they can charge up on my account or if they happen to lose the cell phone i'm hoping to stop anyone from making purchases on my account. Is there a master password that can be put in place across all of my rogers cell phones on my 1 plan? Customer service isn't available at the moment and I'm not in a particular mood to call them up and ask about this. Anyone have any previous dealings with my situation? Anyone have any further cost-reduction ways to kid-proof a cell phone? Any help would be appreciated rather than the Abstinence answer!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Denying purchase of apps

Well, if Android, you could download an app like Seal Lite.  It allows you to lock specific applications.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sebastian.sealtrial&feature=search_result

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can block the internet altogether on each phone, this will not only stop purchasing apps but it will stop from suprise internet charges, you might also want to block long distance and international calling, also dont forget block roaming too while your at it.

I'm Here A Lot

the whole use of this cell phone to my child is for them to access the internet and txt msgs and to call home (limited already with call manager)

I'm going to just say that I'd trust that the internet usage won't spike up a cellular bill as fast as app purchases or long distance calling. my10 is great for that as well when used with call-manager, however call manager could use a feature that limits all long distance with the exception of my10 lists! save us a whole lot of work!

Blocking internet isn't an option. I've already taught them that they should be wary of wi-fi and try be bandwidth-friendly when not in a wi-fi area.