Denim Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Denim Upgrade

the denim update released on phones such as the 735 or the 830 are not the final denim firmware updates, you will recieve a newer firmware that gives you the camera app as well as othe camera improvments.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the "exploding" live tile thing you guys keep talking about will hopefully make it into windows 10 for mobile. stay tuned to Micvrosoft news next wednesday as they are set to reveal windows 10 for mobile and an insider program shortly after that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have Preview for Developers. I do have two Windows phones though. The 735 which was ordered from the States, has Denim and the exploding tiles. I really doubt that they would ship it with anything but the standard software. Sorry but you are wrong

FIrst of all let's call them what Microsoft calls them, "Live Folders".

The following are the phones I own with the firmware level and software level. All phones are on the "Preview for Developers" program.

920 Cyan / 8.10.14219.341

520 Cyan / 8.10.14219.341

635 Cyan / 8.10.14219.341

All of the above phones have the Live Folders.

I also have an unlocked 830 with Denim and preinstalled 8.10.14219.341. This phone also has Live Folders.

The LIve Folders have nothing to with the firmware and everything to do with the software.

Older phones with Cyan are wating for "Carrier Approval" for the new software updates. It makes absolute sense that Microsoft would ship new phones with the lastest software where they don't have to wait for carrier approval.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it sounds like Ian S has it.   If there are a two Denim upgrades that would explain it.  Also it sounds like we now agree that the "folders" , which I find quite useless, are different than the "live folders" or what I called "exploding tiles" and appear to be very useful.   This new tile feature on the 735 is a vast improvement over the standard folder.   I would give you the firmware number from his 735 but he's at school so I can't do it but I do recall that it is 8.1014 so it sounds like the same firmware you have but not the same as I have on my 920 which is Cyan 8.10.12393.890.

So with that all said, does anyone have an idea as to when they will get Denim out for the rest of us?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia Denim Explained

The following is a link to an explanation of Denim

https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/windows-phone/306/lumia-denim-explained

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That link was very helpful.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi. I have a Lumia 1020 on Preview for developers running Windows 8.1 with Cyan. I am under the impression that as long as I retain the preview for developers, I will not be able to receive the new Denim update from Rogers. Would you suggest that I reset my phone and get rid of the developers preview in order to receive the Denim update? If I do so, will I be able to go back to the deveopers preview and still retain the Denim update, or will the phone revert back to Cyan as soon as I restore my apps and settings, Thanks.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @brandonjbarnard 

Would you be able to assist @alstein  with their question?

Thanks!

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

You do not have reset your device,,Go into the PFD App and disable it,,Reboot your device and check for updates,,Once update is done go back into PFD and enable it ,,,Thats it your done,,,,

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello!

I can confirm that the steps that   listed works. I did as he said in his post and this morning there is a notification that there is an update for me to download. Will start the download when I have access to wifi and update.