Dell Streak OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Dell Streak OS update

Just wondering when is there a New update for the OS on the Dell Streak. I've had my Dell Streak for a year now with the Froyo OS and its wearing off already. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Has there been any news about the Dell Streak getting an update? Android 4.0 is starting to roll out and I'm stuck on 2.2.1.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i have heard from Dell ( i spoke to 20+ tech support agents & managers from Dell Canada) They told me that it will not support 4.0 ICS. This is due to hardware in the tablet / phone it self. This is what they all told me & i also called Rogers tech support for the Dell streak & they also told me this. So if anyone thinks i am giving wrong info then do not blame me. Blame the tech support agents from Dell & Rogers for giving the wrong info out to costumers. If anyone can confirm then as saying the wrong this then please post it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just spoke with Rogers and was told there is nothing in the 'pipe' regarding Rogers providing any updates beyond Froyo for the Dell Streak 5. The usual it 'might one day' but nothing known to be in development. They weren't even aware of Dell having released an official Gingerbread upgrade.

Looks like we're stuck on Froyo.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea this is Rogers tech support agents for you. I guess Dell & Rogers do not care on providing anyone that bought the Dell streak a update or a explanation on why they are not updating it. I know the phone can hold at least the new software if tweaked the right way. Oh well sucks for us the ones that actually believed in Dell & in Rogers to offer updates for this device.

I've Been Around

Hey,

I enjoyed the upgrade to Android 2.2 on my  Rogers Dell Streak last spring. Only recently did I need to use the mobile hotspot functionality that upgrade was supposed to offer. Even though several other devices (laptop, phone, tablet, Ipod Touch) can connect to the wireless mobile hotspot  from my Dell Streak, they can not connect to the data connection / internet through the Dell Streak. I've checked with both Rogers support and Dell support, and they both think it is likely due to the way the Streak was configured for Rogers from Day 1. My question is - does anyone out there have a Rogers Dell Streak that actually allows other devices to connect to the internet through it's data plan / moble hotspot?

thanks  

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats