Dell Streak OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xavieran
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Dell Streak OS update

redstudiobc
I Plan to Stick Around

good tip, but didnt work for either my friend or I.  

got an OTA mismatch error. 

must be for unlocked streaks only or something? 

Xavieran
I'm Here A Lot

Crushed 😞

redstudiobc
I Plan to Stick Around

I knew it was too good to be true. 

So - what's the next biggest android phone out there next to the streak?

Galaxy S? 

User experience is getting choppier and there are more apps I want

to download but can't on this ancient OS.

alexmoi
I Plan to Stick Around

It must be irritating that Rogers is still bugging on letting loose Froyo when Europe is already talking about Gingerbread and Streakdroid is talking about Ice cream for this summer.

laszlo
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey RedStudioBC,

Try downloading a task killer app, like advanced task killer.

Basically it helps clear up your working memory, make things smoother, 1.6 or 2.2.

saintjonz
I've Been Here Awhile

I got my locked Dell Streak from Rogers  and been waiting patiently for the update. Enough is enough I!!!I held my breath and decided to go and use the QDL Whew..i've finally manage to update to "Froyo" by using QDL repair tool from streakdroid. Im not a techie person but this is just way to easy to navigate. Instructions are very simple and just follow the tutorial. God i love these guys. there are amazing.  Helping newbies like me to update my very own DELL STREAK. It is now running with 2.2 with Dell's official rom. Im still dying to see DJ steve 1.6.1 version. But now ..Im completely and totally in love with my Streak.  With  flash 10.1 capability. It's awesome.You don't have to wait for the update from Rogers which will be forever. Good luck guys..There is a solution out there.  Try the QDL ...it well worth it. 

redstudiobc
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone seen any tools for mac OS users yet? 

alexmoi
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't simply stop at the QDLtool. There is many bugs including that the notification and ringtones don't change when you select another. It is ment to be a steping stone to streakdroid OS. The streakdroid 1.7.0 came out yesterday and is one of the best software out there. Quadrant benchmark give a stock 2.1 or 2.2 .... 756 points. The streakdroid 1.7.0 give 2435 points. Even if you don't understand what the points mean. It's kinda obvious it's running over 3 times faster.

Here is were you can find it

http://

android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/331584/streakdroid-1-7-0-aka-hd7-edition-release-post/

B.T.W. In this version some apps from the streak 7 were added. like the phone and contacts app

dcampbel2001
I've Been Here Awhile

My husband and I bought 2 Dell Streak for Christmas. It's not acceptable that the update is expected by spring. A more exact date please. All of our services are with Rogers and for what we pay each month, I'm very disappointed. My question is very simple - When exactly will we be receiving the OS  update. 1.6 is NOT acceptable any longer.