Dell Streak OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Dell Streak OS update

Hope....

FYI (and this maybe wishful thinking on my part!)

For those of you who have the Dell Streak (and are still on 1.6) the download page that the device accesses for the upgrade has changed to reflect a Rogers branded download,where as before it was only a Dell branded webpage.

While playing around with the address (I replaced the Rogers with AT&T) and a similar page came up with the AT&T logo (nothing shocking I know) but if this is progress I'll take it 🙂

Thanks

I've Been Around

I got tired of waiting so I updated with dj steves rom to 2.2 and it's way better than the origional 2.2. Wow it was so easy and so worth doing.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It truly is worth it ... I'm running DJ_Steve's latest and am lovin' life.  Thanks for nothing Rogers.  We'll be using Honeycomb 3.0 before you get outta the gate!

I'm Here A Lot

I've Been Here Awhile

To all the users who went ahead and used QDL Tool to upgrade to 2.2 or DJ Steve, did you start by making a back-up of your original streak setup (in case you need to flash it later for warranty issues) ?  If so, how did you manage it ?

I Plan to Stick Around

buy going to Dj_steve's version or the QDLtool you understand that you are voiding your waranty. A rare amount will have backed up there version. If you find someone who has and even rarer someone with a rogers phone that has made a backup your very lucky. If you worry about your waranty don't change versions and wait for rogers to get there fingers out of there noses. But i did here somewere that to back up your rom "android version" you do it with nanoid. But if your just figuring out the QDLtool or dj_steve i wouldn't adventure with it until you totally understand what your doing. Bricking your streak is ALOT worse than just voiding a waranty.

I Plan to Stick Around

Happy Feb 1st !

How's everyone's 2.2 update coming - oh that's right.

Another meaningless deadline. Like the end of October, 

Mid-November or certainly before the end of December.

How about mid January for fun? 

I wish I could get away with this level of procrastination at work! 

I Plan to Stick Around

that's why i boycott rogers and got my phone unlocked. I only stay here in the blog to help people who are tired of waiting for rogers official effort lol

I'm Here A Lot

FROYO LIVES! It's live in the US from AT&T!

I Plan to Stick Around

Where? I haven't seen any evidence and my buddy who's an at&t streak owner in San Fran hasn't..