Dell Streak OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Dell Streak OS update

Thanks for the update but honestly I don't know why someone from Rogers couldn't have made a similar statement weeks ago. The silent treatment is surely not the way to go. I'm prepared to wait as long as there are periodic updates on when as to when a release will be coming. You have the naysayers out here telling everyone Rogers will never release the update which cannot be good for business. The Streak itself is a fantastic piece of hardware but right now it's like owning a  Ferrari and having no gas to put in it.

I've Been Around

According to Rogers they hope to have it out by the spring of this year 😞

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/01/08/rogers-dell-streak-upgrade-to-os-2-2-hoping-to-get-it-out-by-sprin...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Had the Streak for a month... used to the size now & love it!! Running into apps that need 2.2.... hope Rogers can pull the plug & get a smooth, working upgrade out real soon!! Nervous, the lack of promotion of the Streak, low inventories indicate Rogers is not really behind this unique phone/tablet. They may ignore 5" Streak customers & run with the new 7" tablet.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@Cormer

Hi everyone,

Rogers is currently testing the 2.2 update for the Dell Streak on our network to ensure the best experience for our customers. We anticipate that it will be available before the Spring.

Thanks!

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@community

Hi,

Rogers is currently testing the 2.2 update for the Dell Streak on our network to ensure the best experience for our customers. We anticipate that it will be available before the Spring.

Thanks for your patience.

I Plan to Stick Around

Erin -

Could you kindly post actual answers rather than copy+paste canned responses approved by rogers corporate?

I've Been Around

BEFORE NEXT SPRING?????

You have to be kidding me, the other Dell Streak operators have the 2.2 update right now or will have it in the next few days. I surely hope that Rogers will deliver froyo for the Streak before March. I'm a brand new Rogers customer, because I wanted the Streak specifically, and already I'm starting to regret my decision. If this company cannot deliver adequate support for this very expensive phone, I will be advising my friends and familly to stay away from Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

Thats wierd...... customer service asked me when they could expect a payment and I said before the summer but they didnt respond well to that...... You would think that was a suffeciant enough answer.

I've Been Around

So i saw this thread as i was on the phone with rogers and was getting the same anwser that most of you got wich was that they did not know when the offical update would be coming out. After lots of searching for anwsers i decided to give Dell a call and they confirmed that the 2.* update would be coming to canada in febuary. I hoppe this anwsers most of your questions.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, give Erin a break.  Her answers are bound by corporate policy.  You should be thankful she stopped by to even answer the questions presented.

I'm quite please to discover things are moving along.