Dell Streak OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Dell Streak OS update

Anyone hear of an update for the Dell Streak? I heard that ATT's update for the Streak is delayed till next year? Anyone else have any insight?

Thanks

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Dell Streak OS update

By my understanding the streak has the 2.2 update out for unlocked models, but is very poorly compiled and very buggy. So best answer Iwould assume is rogers along with ATT are probably not allowing this update in until it passes their quality control.

It's easy to release **bleep** updates for unlocked users, due to the fact dell is the only one that has to support that person so they can feed the consumer bs to tide them over when the reality is unlocked users are beta testing updates for us locked phone users :P, but I could be just blowing smoke now.... for now I'll sit here unpatiently waiting for a proper update for my streak.

On a side note, I bought this assuming this would have had 2.0/2.1 on it, sad to see 1.6 on this. so it's staying parked on my night stand till it's updated. Pointless getting to comfortable with it considering 2.2 is a descent overhaul over 1.6.

I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like the authoritarians at Rogers don't like having people question them.  So I'll keep it simple:

Where's Android 2.2 guys?

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with you with not getting use to the 1.6, specially when everyone who knows the going ons with much needed update.

Plus you'll still need some patches to ensure the streak perform well, because 2.2 as is, ain't all that great either (speed wise, wifi/3G).

But I digress ...

1.6 bad, 2.2 gooder

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

AT&T Dell Streak Froyo Update Release Date: January 2011. (Confirmed By Dell)

Posted on 13. Dec, 2010

http://free-pc-guides.com/news/att-dell-streak-froyo-update-release-date-january-2011-confirmed-by-d...

O2 (uk) as some users comfirming the update process, although it is somewhat nightmarish for some

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=9876b0a42286ca598defc654a622e75f

the search option is wonderful to bring forth "streak"

from what i can gather in my crystal ball, we're looking at mid jan 2012 for rogers, and again this based on my own

opinion, don't bother doing a backup/restore scenario, it seems best to do the update, then a factory reset, to ensure that things

like your apn will be set properly(even though it make look proper). and thats not all ...(use google)

I've Been Here Awhile

I sure hope you meant mid january 2011... I will miss some of 1.6 though, like the keyboard, I enjoy the arrow keys...

I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed, this is unacceptable. Not only was my streak backordered for weeks, then shipped by UPS the slowest way possible. But now we are stuck waiting for an update to something our friends in the UK have had for weeks. Love the device, but lack of support from Rogers/Dell is terrible. How much do you want to bet the delay has everything to do with Rogers building more custom crapware for us to remove later... 

I Plan to Stick Around

i wouldnt use dell in that sentence,,, it seems anymore its rogers/anybody.....

and it is getting friggn tiring,, and im totally upset with myself for renewing my contract,,,

and the first little thing they try to change,, i will nal them with breach of contract and be done with rogers,,

lets hope these start up providors really take off,,

oh rogers dont forget to delete this one,,, truth hurts huh rogers

I've Been Here Awhile

I see a number of other smartphones have the 2.1 and 2.2 update (including my own HTC and my mother's Acer). 

Rogers, if you're going to hold back 2.2 because you want to work some bugs out, fine, but PLEASE at least send us down 2.1 in the meantime. I love my Streak but being stuck on the outdated OS 1.6 is ridiculous and completely unacceptable.  I just spoke with Customer Service and they can't even give an ETA for 2.2.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I got the phone in november and all i could hear was that the update was coming before 2011. I know people are getting updated around the world, but nothing in canada. Why is rogers silent? customer service barely knows what Dell streak is... . By the time 2.2 comes out, 2.3 and 2.4 will be out so we will still be behind.