Delay Between Remote and Explorer 3200, Changing Channels/Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Delay Between Remote and Explorer 3200, Changing Channels/Guide

I've got an Explorer 3200 Digital box and on numerous occasions, when I press my "FAV" button, Guide button or manually enter a channel number, there is a delay of up to 10 seconds before the command is acknowledged by the box. I have new batteries in my remote, I've rebooted the box by disconnecting the power supply and I've reauthorized too, and I've not been able to find a solution to this problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, what did you do? I can't seem to get any help from Tech Support so I wonder whether they understand the problem I'm experiencing. I look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee CaptainCurt
Rogers Employee

Re: Delay Between Remote and Explorer 3200, Changing Channels/Guide

Hey,

I can let you know something that happened with my set box that was pretty similiar.

I was getting delays where my box  was taking forever to register channel changes as well. I was about to swap boxes and call tech support, but I ended up checking out my wiring again.

My problem was that I had the wire coming from the wall hooking into my DVD player, then the DVD player to my cable box. In reality it should have been going into the Cable box then the DVD player. 

I know it's not much to go by, but I would recommend going through the wiring, as a delay usually means there's somethign in the way of the signal. If that still doesnt work, hopefully someone else has a good suggestion, or you can try calling tech support at 1-888-764-3771.

Hope that helps, have a good one!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey CaptainCurt. Thanks for your reply. I don't have my DVD player on this set up so it looks like I'll be calling Tech Support...again. I swapped this box out last fall so maybe it's time to do that again. I'll see what they have to tell me. Cheers!

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's probably an issue with the remote or the box itself.

I would just bring the remote back to the rogers store for an exchange. If that doesn't fix the problem or you want to do it all at once exchange the digital box as well.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks CaptainCurt and Chris!

@TimCanadien

Did you get this issue resolved?

I've Been Here Awhile

@ RogersErin: I'm going to take my box and remote in to a Rogers store this weekend to see if I can switch it out. Thanks.

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For help with troubleshooting a non responsive Rogers Remote Control, please click here.

Hope this helps!

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@TimCanadien

Ok, let me know how it goes.

Thanks