Decrease in Internet connect all of a SUDDEN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Decrease in Internet connect all of a SUDDEN

Hi I play on my PS3 playing modern warefare 3, since dec 18 2011 my NAT type went from open (which is a good connection in a way) to being moderate ( which is the worst NAT type) this has become a big problem for me. I recently installed the new rogers modem/wireless modem SMCD33GN which is what made my NAT type go from moderate with my old crappy wireless router to open and it helped a lot it increased my download speed/ upload speed, but all of a sudden since dec 18 my rogers internet wireless connection for my PS3 and my laptop has droped. the problem i was having with my laptop happen today where i could not stream any youtube videos, it was just frozen. The modem being directly connected to my computer has not changed the connection for the worse it actully increased the download speed by 2x.

So i ask can a rogers staff please help me this problem seems to be getting worse.  

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Decrease in Internet connect all of a SUDDEN

TBH...you'll be much happier if you shut off Rogers Wireless and turn the router into just a modem and use a 3rd party gaming grade modem for your wireless connection.  I went with a good quality Linksys router..(dont have model number as i am at work) and my wireless speed went way up and quality was better then what Rogers hardware offered. This would be especially desirable for a gamer playing a ping sensitive game like an FPS. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Decrease in Internet connect all of a SUDDEN

that makes sence but i am not really willing to spend some more money esspecially with the new router from rogers adding to the bill every month.