DataSense

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: DataSense

For what it's worth, I think Bell's commitment to Windows Phone is less than Rogers. I mean, just look at how promptly Rogers rolls out our updates, so credit to them. But with that in mind, Rogers must continue working to ensure that they are a Canadian's first choice for mobility, and that includes customer retention. I get it, there aren't as many Windows Phone users with Rogers, but I doubt there are substantially more in Bell (in fact, I'm sure there are less), and yet Bell is following through with Data Sense.

I will keep asking Rogers here for VVM and Data Sense, and will do so until I am sure these services work on Rogers devices migrated over to other carriers, by which point I will take my business there. Until then, Rogers has a chance to get serious.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bilzkh

The main reason why Bell does not have many customers with WP8 is because Rogers has the exclusive rights for the Lumia 920. If Bell had that on their line up, many more would get it from them. I know over 100 people that own the unlocked Lumia 920 & have it on Bell. Also Rogers lacks on updates. It takes them weeks / months AFTER the US releases the same exact updates to their customers.

The problem is that Rogers does NOT listen to their customers. They only listen to the money.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those that you know that have unlocked Lumia 920s now on Bell do you know if the do get the Data Sense app?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Night_Shadow

They are able to get Data Sense app from what they told me.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Meowmix, I have been trying to get an answer to that question for a couple of days.

Rogers has unfortunately gone about this the wrong way. Their television ad hyped that they were the first to bring Windows Phone 8 to Canada but did not mention they neglected a great feature of it. Yes their My Account 'app' (web based not native) will tell me what data usage I have consumed but not 1) what applications have consumed it and 2) compare it to WiFi use.

And a big point that few have discussed here is that Data Sense is also a compression system (why the carrier has to be involved) which means I can get more with less. I am guessing this is why Rogers does not want it as it means people can purchase lower data plans.

I Plan to Stick Around

If someone could post a picture or video of Data Sense running on Bell that would be great. It might even give me the push to switch, we'll see.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

How did they get Data Sense onto their phones once connected to the Bell network?

I Plan to Stick Around

It happens automatically when you connect to a compatible network.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately Bell states that it is a Rogers phone so DataSense is not supported and will not work.

I Plan to Stick Around

When it comes to Windows Phone, you have to try these things for yourself and not trust with the carriers say at all. I'm willing to bet that DataSense does work.