DataSense

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: DataSense

Even older Nokia Lumia phones (like my 710) have the Counters app to track data usage live, albeit lacks Wi-Fi searching.

On the bright side, it seems Rogers decided to put in additional colours for the Lumia 920...I hope it was because of the petition, I strongly hope they consider enabling proper Visual Voicemail and Data Sense on their WP8 devices. I've been on this carrier since 2010, paying somewhere between $75 to $125 a month (depending on my plan), and even upgraded early to renew my 3-year contract. For God's sake, have some token appreciation for your customers and make sure their phones are fully operable (relative to their OS capabilities). You know WP8 has Visual Voicemail and Data Sense baked into the OS, just enable it.

I Plan to Stick Around

While I want these features, it's not a simple matter of "enabling" it, but a matter of creating infrastructure to support it. How compatible is VVM on WP8 with the implementation for iPhone? Is it at all? Microsoft and Rogers have to work together for DataSense to work.

And sadly, the business case is WP probably doesn't have marketshare to justify the cost. On the other hand, a carrier that does build these out has an advantage and something to say "we have, <competitior> doesn't! Come here WP users!"

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting enough Bell notes DataSense on their Windows Phone page but they only care the HTC and Samsung models. Think I will have to look into unlocking my phone and move to Bell. Not a problem for me as I do not have a contract with Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just confirmed Bell does offer DataSense on Windows Phone 8 devices. Looks like I will be moving my Lumia 920 to them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I can confirm as well Bell has DataSense. It seems Rogers either does not want to enable it or they do not want it as Rogers has the My Rogers app. The problem is that they should enabled it tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Night_Shadow wrote:

Just confirmed Bell does offer DataSense on Windows Phone 8 devices. Looks like I will be moving my Lumia 920 to them.

Okay, but then you have to *shudder* deal with Bell.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Entegy

That is true BUT remember, they at least have the apps that Rogers does not want.
I Plan to Stick Around

And their service is $20/month less (without promotions) for almost the same service. Okay, only 100MB a month but I use WiFi most of the time and with the exception of one month I have never come close to 200MB.

I Plan to Stick Around

Interestingly enough it seems Bell with less prolific devices, and probably a smaller WP user base, and yet they're supporting Data Sense. Come on Rogers, pleading for quality service here, Data Sense (and Visual Voicemail).

I Plan to Stick Around

It gets even better. Rogers charges $50.00 to unlock a phone (and I have purchased 2 from them in the last year at full cost) while I can get it done elsewhere for 40-45. And if you call their support for answers to the lack of DataSense they tell you that it is a problem for Nokia (we all know it is not). If we cannot get support from Rogers on our OS then why stay with them? They don't even know what is going on in the forums to understand what we are talking about when we call in.