DataSense

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

DataSense

Rogers, may I request that you seriously consider enabling Data Sense on your Windows Phone devices.

It is an OS component of Windows Phone that enables users to track data usage, but in addition, search for nearby areas with Wi-Fi, ensure that browser use doesn't heavily eat into data, etc.

This, in addition to enabling proper Visual Voicemail on WP (also integrated into the OS) would make WP8 handsets on Rogers fully functional. Not only that, but it would also put Rogers ahead of carriers worldwide (not that already isn't) in the level of WP support, especially in Canada.

Thank you!

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: DataSense

Hello bilzkh

As I explained in the other thread, Rogers will say " we can look into this. Thank you" but in all reality they never look into it. Rogers is losing its ways of gaining new customers. They only seem to care about Money and how their image looks. Customers can always complain and want something yet Rogers seems not to care or take us serious.

I would love to see DataSense and VVM on the WP8. Rogersd let's get going here. No more excuses and no more " we can look into it". Its about time you do something instead of excuses..
I'm Here A Lot

I fully agree with the post above. I recently upgraded to the Lumia 920 as well and my data usage went through the roof, eventhough I'm in wifi zones most of the time (work and home). We really need an app that tells us what the major offenders are in terms of data usage, and Data Sense was developed just for that.

So come on Rogers. Stop restricting your customers and listen to them.

I Plan to Stick Around

We should turn this into a PETITION for DataSense AND Visual Voice Mail!!

Sign me up!!

/drt
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Helo drtolson

We saw how the last Lumia 920 Color Petition went. Rogers never seemed to care & only posted once saying the same thing they say to people over on Facebook & twitter. Really a petition is not needed as Rogers does not seem to care. , Rogers wants us as customers right? Then how about we leave & go with another carrier. That is when they will start listening when most of us leave.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Helo drtolson

We saw how the last Lumia 920 Color Petition went. Rogers never seemed to care & only posted once saying the same thing they say to people over on Facebook & twitter. Really a petition is not needed as Rogers does not seem to care. , Rogers wants us as customers right? Then how about we leave & go with another carrier. That is when they will start listening when most of us leave.

Good point... do Telus or Bell have WP8 phones running DataSense or VVM???  (I don't know, I'll have to check)...

/drt
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point, no carieer in the world has DataSense working (not even AT&T). Verizon is supposed to be the first one to turn it on (which should be shortly or maybe they already did) so you'll have to wait and see how it goes. I'm certain if AT&T gets on board, Rogers will follow suit.

However, there is a part of me that thinks that Rogers might not turn this on because it kind of cuts into its own services (checking data usage, finding hot spots etc). It could partner with Microsoft for it but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pulkit10

That could be correct. They may not do it as it does interfear with their own services. Who knows tho. I wouldn't hoid my breath tho with Rogers. They never had done anything right so far.
I Plan to Stick Around

True that Data Sense is only on Verizon (or will be soon), and also true that adding Data Sense would potentially run against the interest of having people use more of their data. That said, Rogers can bundle Data Sense as part of a higher-tier data and voice plan, e.g. 1GB+, or perhaps offer it as an extra service for a fee. Though, we are spending a lot on our monthly plans, I believe we are entitled to full premium service and privileges given how much we pay... Not having Data Sense, or at least, proper VVM is incredibly unfortante given how much we spend per month, for 3-years no less.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ blizh: I agree completely. It sucks paying inflated prices (the recently updated plans are ludicurious) and still being screwed over.

I'd rather not have them charge me a premium fee to use something already included in the phone. That is ridiculous. Google built a similar management system into 4.0 and that works great without Rogers having to get on board - Microsoft should do something similar instead of leaving things to carriers who really only put their own interests over mine.
 It is a pity though since helping find hotspots will only help the carriers (who provide those services anyway).