Data top ups

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Data top ups

These new "data top ups" look and sound nice. But i've some questions

-What are the tiers and pricing of the topups (I know you can use a max of 3 per billing cycle)

-Are small business accounts eligible (I am on a ShareEverything16GB loyalty plan from the small business side)

-Can data top ups apply to usage incurred whilst roaming on the Roam Like Home package? IE if I run out of data whilst abroad can I apply a data top up same as if I would back in Canada? This is where it would be most beneficial to me.

Cheers all

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersMaude

Re: Data top ups

Hello @jackthecompguy,

Thank you for your inquiry, I am confident this information will help other users as well.

The text messages sent are to give you 2 options to extend your data at small cost to help you stay in control of your data charges. The choices of Data Top-Ups are, either 300 MB for $7, or 1GB for $15.

You will only be able to use this option a maximum of 3 times per billing cycle. If you’re using more data, take a look at your account to see if there is plan that better suits your needs.

The Data Top-Up total that you selected will be reflected on your account or MyRogers after midnight of the day the extra data was purchased. You simply have to log in to your online profile or to the MyRogers app in to continue to check your usage!

Unfortunately, Business accounts are not yet compatible with Data Top-Ups.

EDIT: Regarding Roam Like Home, it actually converts your Canadian plan to the country you're visiting. Therefore, if you Top-Up, the additional data will count towards the amount you can use, even while traveling.

Please note that the usage made outside of the Rogers network might take a bit more time before it's reflected on MyRogers.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersCorey

Good morning jackthecompguy,

In order to get full assistance with your small business plan, please follow this link here: http://www.rogers.com/small-business/contact-us

We are only able to directly assist consumer accounts via this forum. If you click the link above, you'll be presented with multiple contact options and you can choose the best one for you.

RogersCorey

jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

I realise you might not be able to answer questions specific to my account but I am still curious on the other general questions about top ups, especially since I switched to a consumer plan today 😉

RogersMaude

Hello @jackthecompguy,

Thank you for your inquiry, I am confident this information will help other users as well.

The text messages sent are to give you 2 options to extend your data at small cost to help you stay in control of your data charges. The choices of Data Top-Ups are, either 300 MB for $7, or 1GB for $15.

You will only be able to use this option a maximum of 3 times per billing cycle. If you’re using more data, take a look at your account to see if there is plan that better suits your needs.

The Data Top-Up total that you selected will be reflected on your account or MyRogers after midnight of the day the extra data was purchased. You simply have to log in to your online profile or to the MyRogers app in to continue to check your usage!

Unfortunately, Business accounts are not yet compatible with Data Top-Ups.

EDIT: Regarding Roam Like Home, it actually converts your Canadian plan to the country you're visiting. Therefore, if you Top-Up, the additional data will count towards the amount you can use, even while traveling.

Please note that the usage made outside of the Rogers network might take a bit more time before it's reflected on MyRogers.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Perfect! Thank you. Do data top ups apply whilst roaming in a roam like home country??

And to confirm, data top up text messages are only sent to the primary line, correct?

ofkors
I'm Here A Lot

Last month, I received a text message offering Data Top-Ups options: 300 MB for $7, or 1GB for $15. I was almost over my data limit ( 5 days before data resets back ) So I opt for the 300 MB for $7 on July 20 and when I checked my total data, it added the extra 300 MB. So that was good.  Now it says it will expire on July 25 - which is correct as my usage resets every 26th of the month. So for the month of July, I expect to pay for my usual monthly plan + $7.00 for the extra 300 MB.

On July 26, my usage resets. However, I notice that the data top up of 300 MB is now as an extra to my monthly plan and it expires August 25. Am I now going to be charged additional $7.00 each month from now on? How can I take out this 300 MB data top up as I don't think I will be needing it unless I go over my data limit again - which is rare. Or is the data top up of 300MB there but if I don't go over my usual data limit that I won't get charged the top up fee? Pls. advise. 

RogersMaude

Good day @ofkors,

I truly hope you were able to get this sorted since you last posted!

Would it be possible that the charges related to your Monthly Service Fee covered the period from the 26th of July to the 25th of August, and that timeframe is not relate to the specific fee for the data add-on?

Was there only one amount of $7 billed to your latest invoice for the data add-on?

If you purchased the data-on on the 21st of July, it is normal that the one time fee appears on that bill as it was produced on the 26th.

Please update the Community on the outcome! Smiley Wink

I apologize for the late reply @jackthecompguy Smiley Embarassed

The text message notification is indeed sent to the main line of the shared plan!

RogersMaude

ofkors
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply @RogersMaude

• Got my July bill and I was changed $7.00 + tax for the period Jun 26 - Jul 25. I expected this - so no issues here.
  • If I go to MyRogers - Overview and check my phone plan, I remember seeing a $7.00 data top up displayed for Jul 26 - Aug 25 period ... but aha! today, I checked again and it is no longer showing.
  • So I think there's a bug on the website. When I checked last time, I don't have my July bill yet. Now that I see my July bill, this is no longer an issue. So hurray!

Issue resolved. So if one avails for a data top up, it is only applicable to that period. Next billing period, that data top will no longer apply.

Note: Someone has to check the MyRogers - wireless page as I swear I saw Jul 26 - Aug 25 which was misleading and led me to post here. Thank you.

RogersMaude

Hello again @ofkors,

Thank you so much for taking the time to update the Community on the outcome.

We're glad to hear that it is resolved! 

I'm confident this will reassure other users in the same situation Smiley Wink

Cheers!

RogersMaude

guest8
I've Been Around

The data top up does not work form the phone and I won't want to be charged additional data for going to the link.  Just viewing that page there is nothing readily available on how to request the top up online.  I've searched online nothing.

Error: We are unable to process your request at this time.  For assistance you may reach us at rog.ers/reachus