Data plan changes - Rogers new 2 year contract

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data plan changes - Rogers new 2 year contract

Does anyone know if you sign up for a 16GB iPhone 5c on the 2 year contract with Rogers (80.00/month 500GB plan) if you can change that plan within the 2 years if Rogers offers a cheaper data plan deal?

Or are you completely locked into paying the 80.00 plan for the whole 2 years without any option of modifying that exisitng plan? Thanks for any information. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Data plan changes - Rogers new 2 year contract

Looks like in the last few days.. they changed the rate plans around again 😞

But yes, since even before the 2 year contract change.. rogers has allowed you to change from any plan to another, with no effect on the contract.
The only stipulation is that it needs to be a min of.. i think its 60 or 70 plan, cant be any lower.

--------------------------

Updated 2015:

With Rogers New 2 year Flex Tab Agreements you can change your plan as long as you remain on a plan that is eligible for your device that you have on commitment. Example if you have a Smartphone( IPhone 6+) you would need to stay on a Smartphone plan, If you have a Smart Picks device( Samsung Mini) you can stay on a Smart Picks plan or move to a higher Plan (Smartphone).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sparkle21

I am guessing this is for a business and or corporate account? Regular accounts do not have this plan..

As for the plan, no u should be able to change it any time u feel like it. Business lines may be different so i suggest calling in and asking about it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is for a regular cosumer plan - the new data rates - 80.00/month plus tax for 500mb of data.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like in the last few days.. they changed the rate plans around again 😞

But yes, since even before the 2 year contract change.. rogers has allowed you to change from any plan to another, with no effect on the contract.
The only stipulation is that it needs to be a min of.. i think its 60 or 70 plan, cant be any lower.

--------------------------

Updated 2015:

With Rogers New 2 year Flex Tab Agreements you can change your plan as long as you remain on a plan that is eligible for your device that you have on commitment. Example if you have a Smartphone( IPhone 6+) you would need to stay on a Smartphone plan, If you have a Smart Picks device( Samsung Mini) you can stay on a Smart Picks plan or move to a higher Plan (Smartphone).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sparkle21

Yes but u made a mistake and put 500GB in your first post. That's why i got confused and said it could be a business plan.

It's 500MB not 500GB. It still is the same none the less. You can change plans anytime you wish without any penalties or problems.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My apologies. That was a big mistake to make. Thanks for replying and for the information. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sparkle21

We all mistakes, no worries:)

You are welcome!