Data connection issues on Rogers Network with iPhone4S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Data connection issues on Rogers Network with iPhone4S

My iPhone 4S shows full bars, and that its connected to 3G network, however for the past few days I haven't been able to connect to the internet or access anything that requires data.

If I turn on personal hotspot and connect my iPad to my iPhone my iPad is able to connect perfectly.

Airplane mode is OFF

Cellular data is ON

totally stumped

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Data connection issues on Rogers Network with iPhone4S

Is this still an issue? If so i suggest you reset your internet networks from the settings. If it still happens after that then make a appointment at a Apple store near you & let them see if its a issue with the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Where are you located?

I have been having the same issue for the past few months (located in Ottawa): http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/4346 My original post.

I went to BC for 3 weeks phone worked flawlessly on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver.

Since I have been back in Ottawa 4 days now right back to dropping network and cellular data. So I put a call in today again and they are escalating it to their engineers. The guy on the phone said I should hear something within 72 hours. I will post my update once I hear back.

I Plan to Stick Around

i have the same problem in winnipeg at the office i work at i have full bars but as i go home bout 4k away it always drops 

I've Been Here Awhile

Was this ever resolved?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smojosis

It seems like its been resolved. If you are having any issues, please post the problem / issue you are having so we can troubleshoot with you.
I've Been Here Awhile

Anytime I try to text they won't go through. If I turn my wifi off, then nothing works that requires data. Only iMessaging is working. This just started 2 days ago. I had my network connection reset last night to no avail. I also did a complete reset and backup and that didn't fix it either. I'm frustrated.