Data cancelation after upgraded to iPhone 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Data cancelation after upgraded to iPhone 5

Hi all.
I have to add data plan $25 500mb to my Rogers voice plan in order to upgrade to iPhone 5 on the launch day. After that I find out that I don't used any data on that phone because that phone is the second phone and connected to my home wifi network at all time.
So I plan to cancel data plan.just don't want to pay $300 plus tax a year.

So I have 2 questions:
Will Rogers allow me to cancel data plan? Of course pay for early cancelation fee.
How much will Rogers charge for data early cancelation fee?

Thanks in advanced

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Data cancelation after upgraded to iPhone 5

Hello Vietjr

Once you upgrade to a new phone, you will need to wait 30 days until you can cancel the data on your account.

To cancel the data it all depends. Normally it is $100 to cancel it. I would suggest contacting Rogers & asking a CSR about it more. They will look into it & tell you the correct amount. Remember you can ONLY cancel after 30days of upgrading the account to a new phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

thanks for the quick response. I will contact Rogers after 30 days. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there,

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents here. If i remember correctly, The Data Cancellation would be based on you DSRF (Device Savings Recovery Fee) Under the new Flex Tab. While I dont know the exact amount, I feel safe in saying that it will be more than $100, Possibly around $300-400 Because the data compionent of the contract is more heavily integrated into your Subsidy.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Crilde

Like i said. It all depends on the account & how they did the resign on the upgrade. Sometimes the reps just leave it & it stays they same way. Most of the times the reps renew it & its the other way. Best thing to to do to contact Rogers & get the proper answer.
I Plan to Stick Around

Called Rogers today to cancel data plan and the ref said i have to pay $450 for the early cancel lation fee.

So changed to differnce data plan-100mb ($10 plus tax)

Thank you all the replies

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

some times buying the iphone with a data plan, then cancelling the data plan, the penalties may bring the cost of your iphone almost the same as it would if you were to buy it outright purchase. depends on your situation, but if ur gonna go that route its wise to calculate this first and the store can help u with this.

I Plan to Stick Around

phone them again. coz i have a s3 and i asked them to cancel my data and they told me its only $100