cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

chellzzbellzz
I've Been Around

Rogers has informed me that I'm at 80% capacity for my data usage on my iPhone when I currently only really use it for iMessenger, Twitter, and Instagram.

Does anyone know how much data sending a reply on iMessenger takes?

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data Usage

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello OttawaClown

You do realize this is a Rogers forum & a Rogers site? Bell have their own forums if you like to comment about this.

Yes this is mostly iPhone's but the carriers know about the issues as they have been advised about it. Rogers has given credits out to many just like Bell has. The new IOS update fixed the issues with the Data usage. It was caused because of the Podcast repeating it self on downloading songs. This was the main issue causing this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Imessenger the app or the built in imessenger from Apple? there are 2 different things here.

Also if its the app & you are running it for a long time then yes it will take much data because it will refresh the contact list & all. Also twitter does take a bit of data but not much.

Are you sure you are not using any other apps or the internet? Also which MB OR GB data you have?

jugghead2011
I'm Here A Lot
hi i got the same message too and I only use facebook app, safari and email, nothing out of the ordinary month to month,..but all of a sudden my data usage just skyrocketed over 100% a week AFTER i set up facebook timeline.

anyone else with similar issue?

This is an issue with Iphones.  My son was having he same problem and he is connected to wifi 90% or more of the time so his data usage should be very low.  Contacted Bell and they advised to ensure he had the latest IOS on the phone.  It seems to be better since it was updated.

Lucky for him Bell came good and removed all the charges for the data he went over since they could see from his history that he never even came close to his limit.  It saved him almost $400.00 for 3 months of charges.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello OttawaClown

You do realize this is a Rogers forum & a Rogers site? Bell have their own forums if you like to comment about this.

Yes this is mostly iPhone's but the carriers know about the issues as they have been advised about it. Rogers has given credits out to many just like Bell has. The new IOS update fixed the issues with the Data usage. It was caused because of the Podcast repeating it self on downloading songs. This was the main issue causing this.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation