Data Speeds...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Speeds...

I have a Motorla Defy and when I'm on data it's unbearably slow ALL the time. Doesn't matter if you reset or not. It's been like this ever since I got a data plan to begin with - I thought eventually it would get better but it hasn't.

I've done some speed tests over the last two weeks, randomly, at different times of day and it's pretty much always the same: 800ms latency, 30kb down, 20kb up. This is NOWHERE near what it supposedly should be according to all the places I've seen.

There's no signal issue, I got like 4/5 or 5/5 bars all the time.

Anyone else have the same problem or know how to fix this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Data Speeds...

Seeing as the Defy is not a Rogers device... are you getting 3G or H symbol beside your signal bars? or are you seeing E?

Also if you have the opportunity i would advised running a speed test on your own device then putting your SIM in an actual Rogers device(friend, family, etc) and run the same test. Compare results.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Seeing as the Defy is not a Rogers device... are you getting 3G or H symbol beside your signal bars? or are you seeing E?

Also if you have the opportunity i would advised running a speed test on your own device then putting your SIM in an actual Rogers device(friend, family, etc) and run the same test. Compare results.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers in Winnipeg.

Capitvate, using speedtest.net 

Inside my office getting an H on the display UMTS:  ping 501 download 4422kbps upload 360kbps

I am happy.