Data Overage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Data Overage

I just went over for the first time on shared everything.  If I stop using now, will the charge be prorated to the amount of data I use before end of billing cycle or automatically billed 15 dollars even if I don't use the full 1GB?thanks

I've Been Around

Where can I find a list detailing the data overage charges?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depends.

Are you on one of the most current plans?

Or an older one?

Current plans, should be listed under the +details part of the wireless plan section.

Older ones are a little harder, as they are no longer listed.  You may have to call in.

I've Been Around

Hi, I'm on a Share Everything plan with 10 gig of data.  Apparently I've just gone over my data allowance.  What are the costs for exceeding the data allowed?

thanks

Garth

Hi @Garthk,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Smiley Happy

It's always a good idea to verify overage rates before you see any extra charges on your bill. 

Overage rates vary depending on the plan that you have. If you're on a current in-market plan the data overage rate is $5/100MB. 

To avoid any unexpected overage charges on your bill I would recommend you to monitor your data usage on the MyRogers app.

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Check what your contract says, then make sure that's what Rogers is charging you. In my experience, they're very deceptive about overage rates. My contract said $10/GB, but they kept charging me $5/100MB - 5 times more than stipulated. When I called to get the extra charges corrected, they kept trying to tell me that my contract had changed, but couldn't actually give me a copy of it. I'll also forewarn you that while the customer service reps really try to be helpful, they seem to be chronically starved of basic information (like, say my contract, or the date I changed my data cap).
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't seem to find this listed anywhere (or  latest anywhere easy to find that is) that actually tells me exactly what the current prices is per MB if you go over your Data Plan.  So my question is what are the current Data overage rate per MB  after you go over your allotted Data Plan. Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robinphillis:

Take a look at @RogersZia post above. You can find the information in post #55.

I've Been Around

... and there is no such thing as 'picking the right plan' ... there isn't one ... no matter which plan you have you'll either pay too much for the plan, or you'll blow over the limit and pay overage fees.

My approach was to pick a reasonable pooled amount, 2.5GB per phone, 10GB total, and I refuse to go over it no matter what. There is a simple-stupid internet app that from bfcplace that helps me track.

If any phone gets out of line I shut off the phone's data until its sorted out. Once its back in line I switch the data back on.

Good luck!