Data Overage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Data Overages

Unfortunately nothing much can be done by posting this here.

This post will show the proper way of escalating up higher, to the Office of the Prez if necessary.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/07/16/officeoftheombudsman/

As for your issue, data overage.. accidental or not.. does suck.. my wife goes over here ever few months and i am stuck paying it Smiley Tongue
But it is the users responsibility.
But that pricing... that much for only that little?

Are you on a much older grandfathered plan??

Older plans, data overages used to be MUCH higher.
Newer ones.. the PLAN generally is more.. but the overages are much less... for up to 1g over is only $15

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Data Overage

What is the data overage prices right now? Is there any change happened in 2016. I see that this thread is created in 2015?

Please update the overage charges in effect at the moment (Dec 2016).

Thanks.

Hi @itsjack123,

Welcome to the Community!

Data overages vary depending on the plan you have. We can definitely take a look at your account and let you know what the overage rates are for your plan. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

As soon as my contract is over, I'm gone.

$50 a GB is insane when most of the world charges $10 per GB.

It is inexcusable to charge $50 a GB in excess data charges in 2016.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Where are you getting charged $50 overage with?

The current wireless plans, it usually only between $10 and $15 per 1gb over.

Not positive on regular intnernet overages. (been a while that i have had unilimted.. so havent gone over.)

Just took a peek.. current plans are 1.50 per gb on regular internet.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a $355 excess days charge for 7GB due to my other account user forgetting to use WiFi when watching Netflix one day.

That works out to be $50 a gig.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So thats on cellular?

Are you on an older grandfatherd plan?

Older plans, while you can continue them on.. their overage charges do not change, and go based on what they are/were at the time (which may have been much much higher at the time)

I've Been Here Awhile

Something is wrong with the MyRogers app and how it reports data. I'm on a 10G share plan and used 9G in 29 days. I received an alert that I've used 90% with the option to buy more. Since I have a 2 days left in my cycle, I know I won't use 1G in 2 days...not possible. Guess what. 20 hours later I get a notification that I'm over. Not possible. Calling Rogers support ended without a solution other that 'Reset your data monitor and see where you are using your data". That IS NOT the problem Rogers. The problem is that there is something wrong with your data reporting. Of course, now I'm going to be slammed for the overage at a crazy price when all I wanted to do was add data for $7.

@RogersShakir wrote:

Hello @bigsy,

Thank you for posting.

The overage charge for data on Share Everything Plans is capped at $50/line accumulative to the account; a SMS alert advising the customer that the have reached the cap is also sent and data usage is blocked.

Also, if you notice you're going over your data and are in the middle of your billing cycle; you have the option to upgrade to the next data tier.

However, I definitely would like to help you and take a look into this more in depth. I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

@RogersShakir wrote:

Hello @bigsy,

Thank you for posting.

The overage charge for data on Share Everything Plans is capped at $50/line accumulative to the account; a SMS alert advising the customer that the have reached the cap is also sent and data usage is blocked.

Also, if you notice you're going over your data and are in the middle of your billing cycle; you have the option to upgrade to the next data tier.

However, I definitely would like to help you and take a look into this more in depth. I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bigbatch1

I would suggest calling In. I am having the same issues for the past 2 months. Reports that within 2 days of both months at 8am i went 2.5 GB or so which makes no sense and this is due to the iPhone 7 Plus they said and again no proof on their end as its not the phone nor the apps ( as i know what to do with settings and background apps running). Call in
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, appreciate your input. I wonder how we could gather more reports of these issues. I've had numerous problems in the past with the MyRogers reporting.