Data Overage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Data Overages

Hello @bigsy,

Thank you for posting.

The overage charge for data on Share Everything Plans is capped at $50/line accumulative to the account; a SMS alert advising the customer that the have reached the cap is also sent and data usage is blocked.

Also, if you notice you're going over your data and are in the middle of your billing cycle; you have the option to upgrade to the next data tier.

However, I definitely would like to help you and take a look into this more in depth. I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I've Been Around

Re: Data Overage

With their app it doesn’t take a genius to keep track of your usage and the responsibility shouldn’t be on them as a business it should be on the user. Simple solution, turn the data off on your phone and just use wifi when you are going to go over.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If its a first time issues - i'd call and see if they may be able to help... doesn't doesn't sound like exceed data would be on going thing for you guys so changing to 5g plan might not be an ongoing benefit for you... I'd maybe call and see if he can neg a 1st time  data overage charge and explain what happen... Maybe let them know your will to pay the 15.00 and see if they are willing to write the rest off...

Id position it to them in way that if you happen to exceed again then you may look into the 5g plan but advise how it was a one off... This may work it may not... But definalty worth a try....

Good luck and remember you can always track the current data usage, text, air time and lD @ myrogers.com

I've Been Around

I'm already 200+mb over my data limited and I'm not on a share everything plan. What can I expect my charges to be. What are Rogers rate per mb for data overage? Because I don't want anyou surprises.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hard to say.  It varried based on plans.

Current share everythings, its about $15 for up to 1g over

Older plans were on different rates.

I've Been Here Awhile

Absolutely. I got a Share Everything plan in August 2015, and the overage rate is on my contract as $10/GB. A month or so later I switched my plan from 5GB to 10GB. A few months later, I checked to see if switching back to the 5GB plan would be cost effective, and the overage rate at that time (~March 2016) was showing as $5/250MB. Now Rogers is telling me that my overage rate is $5/100MB, and they're trying to tell me that the overage rate has always been $5/100MB, and that we've always been at war with Eastasia.

I don't really mind what the overage rate is (although $50/GB is quite predatory), but it shouldn't be subject to change over the course of the contract, and outright lies about its history are troubling.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hi @votejack,

The overage rates will differ from plan to plan. Your Device term length will not affect the rates. If you are ever unsure of your overage rates, you can always reach out to @CommunityHelps and we can assist.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here

Thank you again for posting and welcome to the Community Forums!

RogersRoland

I've Been Around

My data usage exceeds and then they temporarily hold my data plan.

When will my data plan will continue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think its at a $ value overage that it does the cut off.

You can call in, to have them release the hold... BUT you will incur MORE $ charges as it goes more.

Otherwise, your data will reset whenever your billing cycle is complete.
For each user, that varries.

I've Been Around

Regarding: Unintentional Data Usage Costing $40 EXTRA, Nothing Can be Done (Apparently)

Hello Rogers,

We have unfortunately experienced yet another stressful situation with your company (yet again). My brother accidentally had his data turned on and used the entire 2Gigs (we share) over the course of two days (from November 4th to November 7th). It was accidental, and we have been customers for over 15 years, and yet the Rogers Chat Representative (Nadege) could not do anything for us. The only thing they said for us to do is to buy extra data. We have never gone over, and we have always been responsible and loyal Rogers customers. Now the bill has come in, and we are being charged $39.55 for going over our 2G limit by only 430mb- UNINTENTIONALLY, might I add!!! And there is apparently nothing that can be done? Apparently company loyalties mean nothing anymore. We are seriously considering to just pay the fees to break contract and leave Rogers for good. We cannot wait to be done with all of these money grab scams.

Sincerely,
Frustrated "Loyal" Customers