Data Not Working (on 6GB Super Plan - iPhone 5S)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Not Working (on 6GB Super Plan - iPhone 5S)

2 nights ago, Rogers removed the ability for my phone to access data services.  Any time my phone attempts to access data services, I am forwarded to a Rogers splash page prompting me to purchase a data package.  

When I phoned in to Tech Support, the response I was given was that my phone had not been properly provisioned for the service and  a code that had been applied to my account to access data services is no longer available.   A case has been opened, but I am now more than 24 hours without data service and right now Rogers is telling me the only way to resolve in a timely manner is to switch to a much more expensive plan.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Any luck in getting it resolved?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the only answers I'm getting are to wait to see what happens or switch to a more expensive plan, frustrating!

NOTE:  this is NOT a hardware or software issue with my phone, so no comments about resetting network settings, etc.... it's all been done and Rogers has acknowledged the issue is on their end.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Data Not Working (on 6GB Super Plan - iPhone 5S)

Thanks Meowmix.

I had spoken with a person in retentions yesterday who was the one that told me that I would have to wait for my tech support case # to be dealt with.

I called tech support again and asked to transfer to someone who could help me, such as a manager.  They transferred me first to retentions and said that they would let me speak with a manager if they werent able to help me to my satisfaction.  The agent I spoke with said he would perform a few network resets to my account.  I was skeptical that this would fix anything as the agent yesterday described to me a similar network reset yesterday that did not work, but today it made everything work as normal again!

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are some others on this board who do have that plan (or a varriant of it).. hopefully they can chime in if theirs is working or not.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thejick

Weird i have this plan on 2 of my lines and my buddy has it as well. Both of mine work and so does his.

Have you tried asking to speak to Rogers retentions or a manager to see if they can do something? It doesn't make sense at all that your data doesn't work and they are giving u excuses.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix.

I had spoken with a person in retentions yesterday who was the one that told me that I would have to wait for my tech support case # to be dealt with.

I called tech support again and asked to transfer to someone who could help me, such as a manager.  They transferred me first to retentions and said that they would let me speak with a manager if they werent able to help me to my satisfaction.  The agent I spoke with said he would perform a few network resets to my account.  I was skeptical that this would fix anything as the agent yesterday described to me a similar network reset yesterday that did not work, but today it made everything work as normal again!

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thejick

Sometimes a network reset on their end needs to happen multiple times for data to work. Great to hear its working 🙂