DTA50

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

DTA50

I notice the useless little DTA50 box they gave me for my extra tv (not going to pay $500 for a box on a bedroom TV) doesn't get most of the channels I subscribe to can anyone tell me if there is a way to get it to work properly or is this another ploy by Rogers to try and get MORE money out of customers for extra nextboxes?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DTA50

The DTA 50, is only designed to give you the equivelent of BASIC cable.. channels 1-60 odd.. it doesnt give access to any of the purely DIGITAL channels, etc that a regular digital box will.  (generally, the same channels available on analog, no box at all)

To get the FULL digital range of channels, you need to get a fuller digital box.
Anything from an SD box, to the nexbox PVR will do it.
You dont have to even buy the newest ones, you can buy used ones from ebay/kijiji, etc that will do just the same, for alot less.
(though there are some inherrant things you have to watch out for when buying used)

I'm a Regular

We already have a Rogers box on one TV,now if I were to buy a nextbox myself do I still need to call Rogers to have it work on another TV? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you buy a box on your own, you need to call in to have them add the serial number to the account and then Activate the box. Other than that just plug and go.

I'm a Regular

So I wouldn't have to pay extra because I thought a tech would have to come to install another digital outlet or something?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope.

Outlets are outlets... weither you have 100 or 1 in your house.
Digital outlets.. are really a non physical thing.  PRetty much, you need to have a digital outlet on your account (1+) to add a digital box to.
If you dont have enough outlets on your package for the # of boxes.. you may have to pay to add more.

A tech shouldnt have to come out to your house.. unless that outlet say is not working properly, etc.

Assuming you havent installed your own splitters, etc, which would be causing the issue, etc.. in most cases the tech comming out, swaping a few things that are accessible, spliters, etc, is free and covered.