DST bug on Galaxy S Captivate?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

DST bug on Galaxy S Captivate?

Ok, ever since the time changed on Saturday evening, my wife and I, both of us with Captivates (mine upgraded to 2.2, hers still on 2.1), the time is not updating to reflect the DST change.  Putting it to "get time from network" keeps it an hour behind.  I notice that in this mode, it shows the time zone as "GMT -05:00, Eastern Standard Time", with the obvious problem of the time being an hour behind.  When I set it manually, setting the time manually and go in to change the time zone manually, it doesn't even give me the option for EST, instead giving me the option for "GMT -04:00, Eastern Daylight Time".  Anybody else having this problem?  Any possible solution for this from the fine folks at Rogers?  The fact that my wife and I are both having this problem, with 2.1 and 2.2 versions of Android, leads me to believe it's probably not the case that it's the two of us having an isolated problem.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: DST bug on Galaxy S Captivate?

This may sound like a dumb question but have you shut it down and restart either the device? Sometimes I find that helps. I had the same issue with one of my phones where it did not switch over but I did a reboot and it worked.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the same issue.

I also turned off the device and removed the battery, it doesn't change a thing.

I turned off the GPS, as it stated somewhere in a forum that that might be the cause - no avail.

I am running on 2.2.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I've rebooted and removed the battery from both phones, gps is off on both phones, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Based on posts I read on other forums the issue seems to be related to some of Roger's antennas sending the wrong timezone seting (EST = GMT-5 instead of GMT-4).

E.g. when you are downtown Toronto it works, yet it doesn't work in some places in Oakville. I've also read there were issues in the Mimico area.

I guess we'll have to wait for Rogers to fix their mobile antenna stations. I have personnally not contact Rogers to see if they were aware of the problem and if they had an ETA to fix the problem. I just set my timzone manually for now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess the best thing to do then would be to contact Rogers and see if they are aware of the problem and if there is a solution and if you hear anything post it here.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That sounds like a reasonable reason for the bug.  Particularly since I *am* in Oakville.  Grr.  I don't have time to sit on the phone with Rogers to inform them of the problem, unfortunately.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This was happening on my Captivate and my Fiancee's Captivate.  We manually set the time and left it for a few days assuming Rogers was having problems pushing out the updated time.

I've set it back to automatic, and it's no longer an issue.