DPC3825 Losing sync lately - but only during the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

DPC3825 Losing sync lately - but only during the day

A relatively recent phenomenon has me scratching my head - the last few weeks has seen me losing my connection a number of times during business hours, where by the LEDs I can see that my gateway (in bridge mode) has lost sync and is reconnecting. Sometimes it reconnects in a minute or two, sometimes its lost for 30 mins or so. This does not happen every day, but some days it happens over and over again in clusters.

It NEVER happens outside of business hours.

I can't connect to the gateway (I'll need to reset it, I guess), as the username/password aren't working, but before I do, what if anything should I be looking for? This doesn't seem to me to be a signal issue, or an issue related to the hardware since it's related to time of day. When I call technical support, is there anything I should be telling them so I don't get stuck in level one . of restarting the modem over and over?

Thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DPC3825 Losing sync lately - but only during the day

Start off saying that you have already done the restart, etc.

When it is happening... is it purely random.. or is there any pattern to it? (say, its always at the same time between the hour...

say 9:22, 11:22, 3:22)

Is it in a residential area or more business area?  SHOULDNT be a congestion or anything similar to that if residential as the usage then would be lower.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Aarrgh. Had a lengthy reply created, then tried to post, but I'd lost sync. It was only down for a minute.

Short answer - no particular pattern except for between hours of 9a-5p. Residential area.

Consistent but not heavy usage, generally we are more data intensive outside business hours, but I telecommute, so I am aware of when it goes down.

No CableTv, only internet, modem is connected directly to cable coming in from outside, no internal splitter.

will be resetting and calling support today. Will post update as available.
I'm Here A Lot

Current Signal Strength

Downstream Channels         Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:

Channel 1: -4.4 dBmV 40.5 dB

Channel 2: -4.2 dBmV 40.8 dB

Channel 3: -4.5 dBmV 40.7 dB

Channel 4: -4.3 dBmV 40.7 dB

Channel 5: -4.1 dBmV 40.8 dB

Channel 6: -3.9 dBmV 40.8 dB

Channel 7: -3.8 dBmV 40.8 dB

Channel 8: -3.8 dBmV 40.7 dB    

Upstream Channels         Power Level:

Channel 1: 57.0 dBmV

Channel 2: 0.0 dBmV

Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV

Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What package are you on?

Downstream doesnt look too bad.. but only ONE upstream channel bonded? THAT is odd..

Wondering if your modem is not provisioned correctly.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

8x1 channels seems really weird. I would call in to make sure your account is properly provisioned.

The typical channel configurations were 4x1 for older plans with SMCD3GN, 8x4 for Cisco DPC3825 and Hitron CGN2 current plans and 8x3 or 9x3 for Hitron CGN3 for express to extreme plus packages. For a variety of ultimate packages on CGN3 depending on the location you can get either 16x3 or 20x3
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry for butting in Splines but i was wondering how you got your signal data...i seem to be having issues with my signal at times as well...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Signal data is available on the Docsis WAN status page of your Rogers gateway.
I'm Here A Lot

I have been having the same issues starting today. The modem will work for 1 to 2 hours then go down.

Power levels and noise levels are normal. Taking the same amount of time to connection to be back up again as the OP.

Does anybody know whats happening? I will start a LiveChat after this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The reason i was asking about the ever hour (or at the same point EG: at the 22 minute mark), was as there was a number of people (incuding myself) having some dropouts, could be hourly, could be a # of hours apart.. but always at the same time (EG: 22 mintues after the hour.. when it happened).
This resolved usualy after about 2+ weeks for most... seemed that back end upgrades were being done that caused it..

PS: I am on the SMCD3GN, and its provisioned for 4x3 right now... on express.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation