DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulMississauga
I've Been Here Awhile

DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

I had to revert to the old one last night, for a week now it randomly deletes shows. At 10% full it gives me warnings about not enough space to record, and it won’t record two shows at once.  Also the guide is very slow to navigation. Very frustrating. I can't believe it took them this long to do a HD version in the first place. And where is the mobile app for it?

As a software programmer I’m shocked that a company with so much money can get 4-5 guys in room and design proper software, and have it tested before they release it.

I never been the one to complain about this company but this is the end for me. Once my  wireless contract comes up, after 13 years I AM DONE with Rogers.

I can’t take it anymore these guys are proving over and over again how incompetent they are. 

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

Other than the complaints of slow on the new IPG (which many report, but i do not notice myself)..

I beleive your problems otherwise.. are a one off deal (well maybe a few others have had the same thing, but not a company wide).

There are many users which have upgrade fine, without having those problems... being a PC person, you know that when someone upgrades a peice of software from old to new (or an OS from old to new).. do it across 100 machines, there is bound to be one that doesnt upgrade properly for WHATEVER reason.

PaulMississauga
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers claim that these are all the same boxes (hardware specifications).  That’s what they told me at least. So the PC analogy can’t apply as the issue with PC installation is the difference in hardware from PC to PC.

Even if there was a difference in hardware there is no reason why they couldn’t run a diagnostic test on the box before and after upgrade to verify if there is going to be an issue and that the installation was successful.  This is not exactly rocket science or cutting edge technology that they are dealing with, it’s been around for years.

As for the slowness they should have realized that having HD graphics would require a better graphics card and more memory. The slowness can only be fixed by cutting down on the graphics at this point.

schexshe
I'm Here A Lot

App is on Google play but it doesn't work. I used app for two weeks then decided to upgrade to Nextbox on Sunday and since then no good. Best part call their customer service and start counting how many times you get transferred. Today I got transferred 8 times and still no fix. I even told them how to fix but they don't know what department handles their apps. Rogers is turning into a joke.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

actualy paul, the PC annalogy works 100% still.

Where i work, its my job to roll out PC hardware.

I can get 10 new PCs from the manufacturer.. all built to the same specs, etc.

There is the chance that one of them will have an issue when installing a piece of software.. even just to a windows hickup, etc.

Actualy had this this week.. two new PC roll outs.. identical software installed (from an image). All seems good.. go to install neetwork printer, where drivers pulled from printer server.  PC 1 goes fine.  PC2 would install driver, but for whatever reason, windows is buggering up and not pulling the 'default' settings set in the printers settings... where the first will just fine.

remaxman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Biggest mistake I have ever made. This netbox has so many problems with it I dont know where to start. I'm calling them in the morning to get my 8300 back.

Steve
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont hold your breath.. they are phasing out the 8300s, and my understanding is, they will not give them out/re-assign them anymore... but you can try.

Otherwise, your best bet, is see if you can get a 8642, PRE IPG update.

mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just as for the old IPG.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I got the old IPG back into my 8642HDPVR last night. No issues or anything. Got all the old settings & stuff back.

The Nextbox is the same box as the 8642 but with the new IPG built in...

Also GdKitty is right. I called about 10 Rogers plus stores & they all told me the 8300 is no longer given out at all. They are discounting them in favor for the new boxes.
Jimholloway
I've Been Around

I upgraded last night and wish I hadn't. My unit constantly freezes and reboots, and won't record without crashing. Hard to be a loyal customer in the face of such a weak offering. This clearly hasn't been properly tested.