DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

Hello donewith

I have no doubt about that too but Cisco is the box manufacture, not Rogers as it clearly states it. All Rogers does outs their firmware & Software. Actually i was looking at some forums in the states which use the SAME exact box without the Rogers software & some do have overheating issues / problems with recording / front LCD panel burning out. That means its Cisco's fault as the box is having issues. Its not a software problem that is causing that. The other little issues with the guide / channels / how the software works YES it is Rogers problem..  Also not everybody knows this as some people think Rogers manufactores the boxes, Cellphones & such ( seen this on the forums, RFD & Facebook).

On indeed i will hang on the box as i am not the only one not having issues. i know a few people with the 9865 box & haven't had any issues. Remember every box has issues but not all of them have the same issues. Some have the same problems & some do not but have smaller problems.

The only box i have had from Rogers which works is the 9865 NextBox 3.0 box. Gdkitty & others can tell you how much i hated & had issues with the nextbox 2.0 8642.

There isn't nothing really can be done on here as this is a user to user forum. The better approach would be contacting Rogers via Facebook / Twitter @RogersHelps. You can also go exchange the boxes to see if the other one will work or have the same issue ( which i hope it does not & this goes for anyone having issues, not just you).

In the end Rogers & Cisco should both be able to work along & figure out what is causing the problems with some NextBox 3.0 ( 9865 model) & fix them ASAP but we all know this may not happen.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, meowmix had some... CHOICE words.. about the nextbox 2.0 🙂

Really, it sometimes is a crapshoot... and yes can go with any device.

There are many users, due to not liking the NB2 or NB3, who have stuck with the old reliable 8300, and have never had issues with them.

Myself?  When i had the 8300s.. i went through 5 in 4 years.  I wouldnt trust one again myself.  But thats MY experience.

Like meowmix, i have had my NB3 almost since day1. 
It does have the 5.1 audio drop issue.. but as i dont run it through surround sound rarely.. it doesnt really effect me.

Other than that?  Worked pretty flawlessly. 

If people never bought anything based on negative reviews.. NO ONE would buy ANYTHING.
People are 5x more likely to write a negative review on something.. a happy person will just move on, and not always bother.  You will always see more NEGATIVE than positive... even on the BEST item.

Each person, needs to get something.. and try it themselves.. and be the judge.
What was bad for another, could be GREAT for someone else.

I've Been Around

Have you tried not watching TV for 5 hours straight???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DESL16

Which NextBox are you talking about?. As i said above on my post. The 9865 NextBox 3.0 work just for me and I have the box and tv on all day mostly.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have the 8642 and it has works fine for me. Any of the few glitches I have had have usually disappeared after rebooting or on their own by the next day.
I've Been Around

I agree the new NextBox (since the new guide etc has been put on) is a nightmare. Granted it freezes and reboots less often than it did but is slow and is NOT user friendly. You can delete a recording 3 times without it actually deleting. The way shows are listed is unnecessarily complicated. The old guide and pvr controls were fine and a thousand times better than the new one. The guide is harder to read and the graphics are terrible. I am seriously thinking of changing providers just because of the frustration.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is a very old thread, started 03-21-2012 08:50 AM. Now the only PVR available from Rogers is the Nextbox, but as customers found out, the Nextbox was NOT and upgrade but a whole heap of trouble. I was lucky enough to snag a refurbished  SA8300HD off Shopping Channel after they were discontinued before they were all gone.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario