DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NETBOX !!

I am wondering if there is a large number of HARDWARE revisions of the newer boxes.

I hear alot of people compaining about freezing and rebooting.

But there are others (myself included) which do not have a single problem like that.

If it was JUST a bad software completely.. it SHOULD effect across the board, mostly.

But it could just be an issue with the software, and certain hardware revisions.. some it works fine.. and some it has problems...

SREGORSucks
I've Been Here Awhile

why do the NETBOX boxes make such a loud noise when getting ready to update

Can there be damage to the tv when it turns tv off? after the sharp signal is sent??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: why do the NETBOX boxes make such a loud noise when getting ready to update

Hello SREGORsucks

No there will be no damage on the TV because of that.
YYZBear
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having major issues with the NETBOX upgrade. I upgraded when it came out, it was so slow, it would take more than a minute to respond to a click on the remote control. I had to roll back to old version. As someone mentioned before, the customer service was a joke, I was transferred at least 10 times, nobody knows who can handle your problem.

A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade to NETBOX again, because I installed TVAnywhere on my iPad and it requires NETBOX on the DVR. They haven't fixed any of the bugs nor improved performance. The DVR reboots by itself so many times, especially in the middle of the night when there's nobody watching TV.

The issues with the NETBOX is not isolated to small a percentage of the users. I asked around at work and other forums, and everybody is having the same issues. Most of the people that I know have also rolled back to the old version.

This is a very disappointing product, and I'm shocked ROGERS haven't done anything to save its reputation, not even a public apology for releasing a failed product.
Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NEXTBOX !!

@YYZBear wrote:
This is a very disappointing product, and I'm shocked ROGERS haven't done anything to save its reputation, not even a public apology for releasing a failed product.

Rogers does not apologize. Nextbox has been an unmitigated disaster. Their D3 modems are terrible. They push forward software updates that cause nothing but problems. At the very best, you will receive a reply from Rogers that they are aware of the issues and are working on them, but more than likely they will try and blame your setup, or signal, or equipment - anything but themselves. It really is frustrating to continue to subscribe to their services!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

is it called NETbox or NEXTbox? oh well, who cares, either way, i concur i have heard nothing but horror storries for the net box

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While I agree there is alot wrong with it, I have got used to it now (as I want the other features that it adds). But no everyone is as patient, and can understand that alot don't.

It looks like there is a new pvr on the horizon, check out the '8 tuner pvr' thread... I pray that its not the same mistakes as with the nextbox

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: DON’T UPGRADE YOUR PVR TO NEXTBOX !!

I agree Pauly. It is actually called Nextbox, but with its performance, it should be called "lastbox" - as in the last box you would ever get from Rogers!

Gdkitty - you should not have to get used to poor performance, nor should you have to be patient! If Rogers advertised something, they need to deliver and the fact is that Rogers does not deliver what is advertised!

As far as a new 8 tuner PVR on the horizon, I will not hold my breath. As customers, we have too often got our hopes up with new products from Rogers only to be let down time and time again. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I won't argue that.

It will have to prove itself.

Current people testing it have said that it doesn't have any of the failings of the nextbox 2.0 (other than people who just don't like the look of it part). Performance is much better.

But time will tell, and will have to see, as it is released.

st123456
I've Been Here Awhile

It's terrible they have been to my house to see for themselves. They didn't believe what I was telling them. They changed all equipment now worst then before.
Keep old equipment DO NOT UPGRADE IT SUCKS!! And Rogers does not care.
WILL BE SWITCHING TO BELL FIBE