DO NOT change from the 8300 to the 8642HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

DO NOT change from the 8300 to the 8642HD

On my second box now and what a piece of garbage. Constant reboots on its own. Pixalation like cazy. Never had a problem with the 8300. I'm going to try to get my 8300 back. This box needs a ton of work on it, As I can see from others in these forums here and other forums there are a lot of ticked off people.

***Edited labels***

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: DO NOT change from the 8300 to the 8642HD

I have had my 8642 box since last sept. Never once have i had a issue :/..

Good luck trying to get the 8300 back. Rogers plus stores have been told to stop giving the 8300 to customers. You are stuck with the 8642 unless you downgrade to the HD Box without PVR.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The reboots are likely partly firmware bugs, but the pixelation may be due to the fact that the new box is known to be more sensitive to poor cable signal quality.

If you search the web, you can find out how to check the signal strength yourself - and can add splitters or boosters to fix the problem yourself - or call for a tech to come out.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have one TV hooked up to one complete cable run. The connection was tested by a rogers guy last week. So far my quest to get my 8300 back is getting to be a joke. Time for a letter to the president. Oh by the way I just picked up my third box last night and it is junk as well. Very sluggish etc.

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if you write a letter to the office of the president they will not give you the 8300 back. Get over it. The 8300 has been discontinued from Rogers. The offer the new boxes now.

The office of the president will only give you a discount on the services you have or a free rental. That is all they do for others in this case. Save your self time.