DDOS Attack on my network?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

DDOS Attack on my network?

I know for a fact that my connection is being constantly ddosed to lag me out of games. The rogers tech team has NOT showed ANY support in this matter and refuses to change my ip. What do I need to do to get my ip changed?

***edited labels***

Patr1
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: DDOS Attack on my network?

Release your IP and unplug your router for a week should get you a new address. 

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Shouldn't take a week after releasing your ip. Release, unplug modem during the day, plug back in and hope you get a new one.
xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

You haven't had a DDOS attack you have just been subjected to a RDOS... "Rogers denial of service " like many others users in recent weeks... your only REALISTIC solution to get service and a change in your IP address is to sign up with another service provider!! 

Patr1
I Plan to Stick Around

@Chris wrote:
Shouldn't take a week after releasing your ip. Release, unplug modem during the day, plug back in and hope you get a new one.

Yes, what you said!

I Plan to Stick Around

No I have been a victim of a DDOS attack. Sorry little kids online think it is cool to ddos me when they get destroyed. :S So releasing the IP during the day, and unplugging witll really fix it? ROGERS Support has been terrible at handling this. They are very poorly trained.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

My knowledge of DHCP would lead me to believe that you could release in the morning and unplug for a whie and in theory someone else would pick up the ip and you would get a new one.

There is a pool of IP addr's and you reserve one for a period of time.. Maybe a day, maybe an hour, maybe a week I'm not sure what Rogers is set to.. But when you release the address it tells the server you no longer need the reservation so it should put it back in the pool. When your modem requests a new one it should just randomly grab one from the pool.

(I may be wrong, It been about 10 yrs since I learnt this stuff and everyone sets up the server differently.)

I Plan to Stick Around

Just great, I am experiencing another attack as I write this post. I wasn't even able to download the support bridge program to talk to support (not like they do anything though).

And they told me that Roger's releases the ips every 2 weeks.

I have a SMC Gateway modem. Do I release the IP from the modem panel? It gives me the option to release it for every device connected to my modem. But they told me that the DHCP server (almost 95% of the time) assigns the same ip. 

How is rogers not able to manually change my IP? One would think that they being a huge corporation and all. They also have TERRIBLE support. At least tell them to educate their support technicians on what a DDOS attack actually is. I mentioned gaming to one of them and he believes that it has something to do with gaming and that is the reason that I constantly keep disconnecting. They are also very ignorant; sending the same pre-defined messages and repeating themselves a thousand times. They make me repeat myself as well. I would change ISPs but no other provider offers service in this area as it is new and I believe rogers worked out a deal with the construction company. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Here is a screenshot of what the attack has done to my connection. I usually get 20-23 mbps download.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1448039582.png
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Are you torrenting at the same time as that test?

You should just have to release the public ip address.. probably something like 99.*.*.*