DDOS Attack on my network?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: DDOS Attack on my network?

No I am not doing any torrenting or downloading.

And how would I do that? It only let's me release devices connected via LAN.
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

is there anyway to view the wan or internet status? Sorry I can't be more specific I don't have the hardware..
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes there is, but it doesn't give any specifc options to release the entire WAN IP.

I'm really disappointed with the Rogers support team. They do not know anything. My download speeds have gone to 0.8 mbps download from 25 mbps and they want remote access to my computer? I keep telling them that I've testing it on mulitple devices including an iPod. They don't get it. So I give one of them remote access to my PC and he totally ruins my connection and I had to do a factory reset to even come online again.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

There is another login option. Maybe you can login with the other credentials..

They might be :

login: mso
password: cxf1rst!

not sure though i just googled it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I wasn't able to log in with those. I emailed rogers and they told me to replace my modem.

To be honest, I had much better service with Bell.
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Might as well replace the modem... It's not the right solution but it will do the trick..
I Plan to Stick Around

Though these really slow download speeds are really annoying now...

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

And you're absolutely sure its a DDOS?

Several neighbourhoods are experiencing extremly poor download speeds since Rogers gave its own customers the download speed increases (wholesale doesn't have them yet - not til mid-Sept last I heard, go go Rogers ignoring speed matching), and so equipment in specific neighbourhoods are overloaded and causing major speed drops during peak times.

I'm on Teksavvy in the Don Mills/Shep area, and since Teksavvy's POI link isn't max'd (they've done a stop on new signups til the upgrade), its a Rogers-caused problem..  I'm getting 2mbps, and paying for 15.

Unfortunately, Rogers isn't listening to Teksavvy about poor speeds - my neighbours on Rogers are complaining of it too, and also getting ignored by Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I was sure that it was a DDOS attack but now I am experiencing these very low download speeds as well. My speeds keep going down to 0.1-0.7 mbps and I was usually getting around 22-23 mbps.

Rogers are telling me to change my modem. How is that going to resolve an issue that has nothing to do with the hardware? When do you think the normal speeds will return? Mid-september? I'm speaking to one of the support technicians right now.

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

They want you to change your modem because their neighbourhood nodes are overloaded, and if they can get you onto a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, you won't notice it as badly.  Your downloads will split over 4 channels, which WOULD increase your download speeds.... Thats IF everyone else in your neighbourhood isn't already on a DOCSIS 3.0, like mine (I'm fubar'd no matter what until Rogers gets off their asses and adds more equipment to the area).

Think of it like this, you have a DOCSIS 2 modem.  You're locked into only channel 1.  You're getting **bleep** poor speeds because channel 1 is overloaded.

I have a DOCSIS 3 modem, bonded to 4 channels.  Channel 1 may be overloaded, Channel 2 may be overloaded, but channels 3 & 4 are still semi-ok, so I'm still getting the speeds I'm paying for.

DOCSIS 3 modems will only help with node congestion if everyone else isn't also on DOCSIS 3 modems, and if Rogers has enough hardware to support all the customers in the area (they don't).