cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyan and White Lumia 900

RWalrond
I Plan to Stick Around

Super Happy that Rogers has the 900, but I'm holding out for a Cyan or White version.

Rogers, will there be an annoucement soon? I don't want to have to import a branded AT&T version.

******* Edit labels ********

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Cyan and White Lumia 900

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Agreed. Rogers needs to really look at this one. Sooner or later people will make worse comments on how Rogers does not offer any other color of phones but Black & white. Blackberry & Nokia are the only 2 companies that offer different colors on phones from Rogers.

brianjdupuis
I Plan to Stick Around

I am hoping that rogers atleast will give us confirmation if they have any plans to release any more colours or if this is it?

thought there suppose to respond on these forums after a certain period of time.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Rogers never gives any details on the phones they may or may not carry. Same goes for the colors. This is how carriers are. They never release any info. Rogers has been doing this for years which honestly has been getting the customers really pissed off.

If they do not carry the Cyan or white version of the phone, i can honestly see a lot of people switching.

TyantA
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok. Months have passed now. There are leaks that Germany is getting a white 32GB model... and that (white) world version phones are hitting many countries early June. The question is - any love for Canada/Rogers? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Like i said above on mt other post. Rogers does not say anything so we will not know anything until we see it. It sucks

TyantA
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had several Rogers reps at least pretend to look for info - saying sometimes they can see, either in their system or the Nokia portal, what phones/colour variants might be coming. But nada for the 900. This was back at launch though. Maybe they just wanted me to think they were trying to help, but why mention they can sometimes see things (other than to get my hopes up)?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Sales tactic. They want you to believe that they might get it so you can stay with them. That is what most reps do & also they do lie to get your hopes up & have you stop asking them. Its stupid.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
EDIT.

So i was right. Rogers will release the phone in cyan color.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/06/04/rogers-to-release-the-nokia-lumia-900-in-cyan/

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around
Yep. Nokia Canada also just tweeted that the Cyan 900 is coming very soon.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Any new news? Cyan would be awesome

RWalrond
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Cyan is finally here. But I have to believe that Rogers has no clue what they're doing with Windows Phone! Who in their right mind is going to drop this kind of cash for this phone now that we know it's not upgradeable to Windows Phone 8? Rogers, I would have purchased this phone on day 1 if you had Cyan, now you would have to drop that off contract price down to $99 for me to pick this phone up as an impulse buy.

I hope you're more on the ball with the Windows Phone 8 devices Rogers. You can't keep treating us like this and expect to have decent sales for these devices.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Im am a little upset too. I would have bought cyan day one, but not now with wp8 so close. Specially not on a 3yr contract.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
At&t just got magenta. I highly doubt it appears in Canada

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Anyone actually purchase or see a cyan 900 at there local Rogers? Personally it seems like a myth lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Its not a myth. A lot of people bought the cyan from Rogers plus stores but remember they are limited on how many they have. The Rogers plus at Yorkdale mall and Scarborough town center have a few. I personally have played with one and love the color.

You can also buy it from the Rogers website if u are activating a new line.

gorebashd
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks nice to know. In Burlington I have yet to see one. I'll try the site 🙂

wetworker
I Plan to Stick Around
They have the cyan at the Rogers store in Albion Mall in etobicoke.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Here it is on the website as well. Went to a few Rogers plus store here in Toronto & they had a few in stock.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Have to ask if/when Rogers will be deploying the Cyan update for the Lumia phones?.  Says Nokia's website (which I know isn't Rogers), it's in 'testing' at Rogers.  Hoping it'll be pushed with reasonable delay.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wlisak

This has been asked on here multiple times on other threads but at this moment no one has a idea when it will come out until someone sees it or Rogers puts it on their "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread. From what i heard and know August it will be out. When tho is up to Rogers and Nokia. Shouldn't be too long tho.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 14 in conversation