Customer support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wv
I've Been Here Awhile

Customer support

Customer Care is a word that Rogers doesn't understand! I just spent more than an hour on the phone waiting for a customer service rep( and ended up hanging up), that is after spending 15min trying to get through to their 1888 numbers. My internet was down due to the Rogers DNS servers being down. I ended up figuring this out on my own and changed the DNS server on my router.

I logged onto their website to send them an email to complain about the lack of service and then they put you through another maze of questions. You can't send customer service an email without first speaking to one of their reps!!!!!! IF I COULD GET A HOLD OF ONE OF YOUR REPS I WOULDN'T BE TRYING TO WRITE AN EMAIL!!!!!

FUSTRATING!!!!!

As soon as my cell phone contract is up this year I will be switching to another provider for all my services.

A VERY FUSTRATED and DISSATISFIED customer

****Edited Labels****

letsgoridebikez
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Customer support

I recommend you use Google DNS.  You can manually set it in your router (don't use the rogers Gateway).

The best Rogers internet setup is to disable wireless, and all special features.  Buy a decent router, and flash it to run a program called DD-WRT or Tomato.  It gives you full control of the hardware.  Then, after you set the basic settings, make sure you set your Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and your Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

Google is more reliable than Rogers.  As you have noticed, not only does Rogers not provide customer service, they don't care to provide you with any way to actually speak to a real person who can change the way the business goes.  I challenge their CEO to go through the same hoops we have to as customers when his phone or internet isn't working.

My favourite is when their call centre gives you a confirmation number.  When they cancelled my move and didn't tell me (the screwed up), I demanded they provide service on the same day they promised.  When I quoted the confirmation number, they said that just confirms that I spoke to someone.  It doesn't confirm they will provide any service what so ever, despite what they say on the phone.

I can't wait until I move this spring, because I will be switching to Cogeco.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While many people report having issues getting ahold of a rep on a regular day (which IS totaly a CS issue)...

Likely last night, you have to think, just about EVERY ontario person may have not had internet (even if it was just GTA and surrounding area as rogers reported at least.. but im by barrie and was out)... thats a TON of users.. probably more users than phone lines available.

The phone system, would likely have more 'lines' in than reps. (not saying it SHOULD, but most opperate that way), and if all reps are full, you are put into queue.  Now even if every rep is on the phone with someone.. the sheer AMOUNT of people calling in last night.. was probably slamming the lines.  Many people were getting a busy signal on the 1888 number... meaning likely every single incomming line was full.

wv
I've Been Here Awhile

I did change my DNS server to google last night after trouble shooting it myself and was up and running.

Cheers
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I did that as well & it worked for me. Its not that fun going threw all this just to get internet working & adding Googles DSN when we pay money to Rogers..
wv
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Gdkitty

I understand that there was an overwhelming number of callers, but all Rogers needed to do was to put on an automated msg saying that there was a problem with their servers and that they were working on it. This way people wouldn't be continually trying to call in and those that actually got in wouldn't be stuck on the phone for 45+ mins. It"s not the outage that makes me mad (things happen) its how they handle it.

Like I said Rogers has no concept of customer service
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, i agree.  For the people who got in (and werent stuck with a busy signal), should have been prompted with a message there.

With current phone systems, this is very easy to do.. go into the menu for it on the system, select the message, and record/replace it from file.  Just about EVERY phone system is this way.. it would have been fairly easy for them to have done this.

While obviously wouldnt help fix it.. this at least would prompt users that they were aware of the issue and working on it.. and many users likely wouldnt wait on hold then either, freeing up the lines for other potential issues.

When all lines were full, with the busy signal.. well there is not much you can do on that point 😞