Customer Retention and the 4S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Customer Retention and the 4S

I am not a first adopter, I missed being one of the 1% by 30 days.  I am part of the 99%.  I have been with Rogers for a long time.  I had problems last year when my iphone 3G broke at the same time the 4 was released.  I basically had a phone number but no phone, Rogers could not help me with an iphone as they were screwed up.  I went to Koodo to have a phone as mine didnt work.  Finally someone at retentions authorized a 3GS for me.  I got some credit on my bill, as I was about to bail.  This year I decided that with the new upgrade policy and the resservation system - I would get a 4S.

I woke up early on the 4th, was 900 something.  It didnt matter as i assumed Rogers was going to handle this better.  The upgrade portion of rogers wasnt working, I got several different numbers for how much the phone would cost, most under $500.

Finally the upgrade program was working and it appeared it was going to cost me over $500 to upgrade as I got a phone from retentions in 2010.  So my phone cost the $209 price with no rebate.  When i called customer service, they said I wasn't even eligilbe for a phone.  So i went snopping, virgin turned out to be cheaper per month with a new 4S.  I called back to find out how much to dump rogers.  Fred said it would be $500.  So add the $500 to the $159 Virgin had and I would be at the new phone price.  Fred talked me out of it, he offered me an iphone 4 16GB for $99 + $35.  I was sold. SO I waited for UPS to deliver.......

the phone left on the 12th, got to Edmontonn on the 17th, i took the 18th off to wait for it. It didn't come.  When I called Rogers on the 19th, they said call UPS - i did.  UPS said i should have received it.  The 24th UPS calls me and asks me if I got it.  25th I call Rogers and ask what they are going to do, they say nothing as UPS has it.  26th Rogers Customer service calls me and asks how my phone is working - the new one.  I tell them that i didnt get it, which obviously is not one of the options on the script. 27th I buy a 4S online from Apple.  I call back to Rogers to not bother sending me another phone as they said they were going to do.  The person referred me to tracking and tracing to tell them.  I tried, she said that the phone was coded lost on the 25th - and they credited my account. I asked when they were going to tell me.  She said I am telling you, I said I called in.  UPS has not called back to report anything. 

Apple gives you a free SIM card for rogers, i learned this when i went in to ask how the sim card comes.  They will give you one for your iPad too, if you bought it someplace else. 

Anyway, when I register my sim for the 4S - I will be getting a quote for the optimum time to bail on rogers.  I am not locked into saying my date of birth and postal code 4 times in any conversations with them.

I have severaly friends who were early adopters - they always magically lose their iphones everytime a new one is released and Customer Retention always gives them a new model phone.  Rogers should advised their customers up front whether they are valued customers or just the bottom line.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Customer Retention and the 4S

Not really. You do realize that your friends will get caught & either fined OR have to show proof that their device is actually lost & not lying to just get a phone... Use your brain. Retention is not going to offer you a phone because you had a bad experince or any problems. The rules changed. That is why the new rule came out with the early hardware fee. People like your dumb friends called in & lied & got a new phone every 6 months or after a year. That is playing a company but your are risking of getting caugh because they can see the IMEI number being used on the simcard. When you put the sim card in a phone the towers will pick up the signal & Rogers will be able to tell which device you are using & the IMEI number. I suggest you friends do not do that.

The MyRogers app has been having a lot of problems & i want to see when a actual person / dev will fix it. It showed me the incorrect stuff & showed me as well the wrong phone 2 months ago when i ordered a phone. I do not know what is going on with the phone you ordered but maybe just maybe it either got lost & Rogers or UPS does not want to tell you OR Rogers made a mistake with your andress & UPS shipped it to someone else.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh and despite everything that Rogers says, my Rogers App on the iphone says a 16GB iPhone is in transit to me, since 12th.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not really. You do realize that your friends will get caught & either fined OR have to show proof that their device is actually lost & not lying to just get a phone... Use your brain. Retention is not going to offer you a phone because you had a bad experince or any problems. The rules changed. That is why the new rule came out with the early hardware fee. People like your dumb friends called in & lied & got a new phone every 6 months or after a year. That is playing a company but your are risking of getting caugh because they can see the IMEI number being used on the simcard. When you put the sim card in a phone the towers will pick up the signal & Rogers will be able to tell which device you are using & the IMEI number. I suggest you friends do not do that.

The MyRogers app has been having a lot of problems & i want to see when a actual person / dev will fix it. It showed me the incorrect stuff & showed me as well the wrong phone 2 months ago when i ordered a phone. I do not know what is going on with the phone you ordered but maybe just maybe it either got lost & Rogers or UPS does not want to tell you OR Rogers made a mistake with your andress & UPS shipped it to someone else.

View solution in original post

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Well since I only have less than two years to go. I can ditch the Rogers experience. BTW the 3GS is going to a TELUS customer, my son. Rogers wasn't even in the game for any joint plan.