cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Retention and the 4S

edmontongreg
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not a first adopter, I missed being one of the 1% by 30 days.  I am part of the 99%.  I have been with Rogers for a long time.  I had problems last year when my iphone 3G broke at the same time the 4 was released.  I basically had a phone number but no phone, Rogers could not help me with an iphone as they were screwed up.  I went to Koodo to have a phone as mine didnt work.  Finally someone at retentions authorized a 3GS for me.  I got some credit on my bill, as I was about to bail.  This year I decided that with the new upgrade policy and the resservation system - I would get a 4S.

I woke up early on the 4th, was 900 something.  It didnt matter as i assumed Rogers was going to handle this better.  The upgrade portion of rogers wasnt working, I got several different numbers for how much the phone would cost, most under $500.

Finally the upgrade program was working and it appeared it was going to cost me over $500 to upgrade as I got a phone from retentions in 2010.  So my phone cost the $209 price with no rebate.  When i called customer service, they said I wasn't even eligilbe for a phone.  So i went snopping, virgin turned out to be cheaper per month with a new 4S.  I called back to find out how much to dump rogers.  Fred said it would be $500.  So add the $500 to the $159 Virgin had and I would be at the new phone price.  Fred talked me out of it, he offered me an iphone 4 16GB for $99 + $35.  I was sold. SO I waited for UPS to deliver.......

the phone left on the 12th, got to Edmontonn on the 17th, i took the 18th off to wait for it. It didn't come.  When I called Rogers on the 19th, they said call UPS - i did.  UPS said i should have received it.  The 24th UPS calls me and asks me if I got it.  25th I call Rogers and ask what they are going to do, they say nothing as UPS has it.  26th Rogers Customer service calls me and asks how my phone is working - the new one.  I tell them that i didnt get it, which obviously is not one of the options on the script. 27th I buy a 4S online from Apple.  I call back to Rogers to not bother sending me another phone as they said they were going to do.  The person referred me to tracking and tracing to tell them.  I tried, she said that the phone was coded lost on the 25th - and they credited my account. I asked when they were going to tell me.  She said I am telling you, I said I called in.  UPS has not called back to report anything. 

Apple gives you a free SIM card for rogers, i learned this when i went in to ask how the sim card comes.  They will give you one for your iPad too, if you bought it someplace else. 

Anyway, when I register my sim for the 4S - I will be getting a quote for the optimum time to bail on rogers.  I am not locked into saying my date of birth and postal code 4 times in any conversations with them.

I have severaly friends who were early adopters - they always magically lose their iphones everytime a new one is released and Customer Retention always gives them a new model phone.  Rogers should advised their customers up front whether they are valued customers or just the bottom line.

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer Retention and the 4S

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not really. You do realize that your friends will get caught & either fined OR have to show proof that their device is actually lost & not lying to just get a phone... Use your brain. Retention is not going to offer you a phone because you had a bad experince or any problems. The rules changed. That is why the new rule came out with the early hardware fee. People like your dumb friends called in & lied & got a new phone every 6 months or after a year. That is playing a company but your are risking of getting caugh because they can see the IMEI number being used on the simcard. When you put the sim card in a phone the towers will pick up the signal & Rogers will be able to tell which device you are using & the IMEI number. I suggest you friends do not do that.

The MyRogers app has been having a lot of problems & i want to see when a actual person / dev will fix it. It showed me the incorrect stuff & showed me as well the wrong phone 2 months ago when i ordered a phone. I do not know what is going on with the phone you ordered but maybe just maybe it either got lost & Rogers or UPS does not want to tell you OR Rogers made a mistake with your andress & UPS shipped it to someone else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

edmontongreg
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh and despite everything that Rogers says, my Rogers App on the iphone says a 16GB iPhone is in transit to me, since 12th.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not really. You do realize that your friends will get caught & either fined OR have to show proof that their device is actually lost & not lying to just get a phone... Use your brain. Retention is not going to offer you a phone because you had a bad experince or any problems. The rules changed. That is why the new rule came out with the early hardware fee. People like your dumb friends called in & lied & got a new phone every 6 months or after a year. That is playing a company but your are risking of getting caugh because they can see the IMEI number being used on the simcard. When you put the sim card in a phone the towers will pick up the signal & Rogers will be able to tell which device you are using & the IMEI number. I suggest you friends do not do that.

The MyRogers app has been having a lot of problems & i want to see when a actual person / dev will fix it. It showed me the incorrect stuff & showed me as well the wrong phone 2 months ago when i ordered a phone. I do not know what is going on with the phone you ordered but maybe just maybe it either got lost & Rogers or UPS does not want to tell you OR Rogers made a mistake with your andress & UPS shipped it to someone else.

edmontongreg
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks. Well since I only have less than two years to go. I can ditch the Rogers experience. BTW the 3GS is going to a TELUS customer, my son. Rogers wasn't even in the game for any joint plan.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation