Curse.com - cannot connect to this site for several weeks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Curse.com - cannot connect to this site for several weeks

I'll confirm that I cannot connect to Curse either.  I began having this problem 3-4 weeks ago with ANOTHER website www.jiayuan.com as well.  I have tried loading the website on the same device using a different internet connection and it loads just fine.  However on Roger high speed it loads extremely slowly or does not load at all, similar to curse.com.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried the IPs and get the custom error page, but still no luck connecting to the actual site when I try.  Looks like this is still an ongoing problem and very rogers centric for whatever reason.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Still perfectly fine here... odd.

What DNS server are the people with issues using?

I Plan to Stick Around

"Tried the IPs and get the custom error page, but still no luck connecting to the actual site when I try. "

Then if it doesn't load at all, I'd suspect IP blocking, routing issues, or DNS:

- check with curse.com that your IP address or a block of Rogers IP addresses has not been blocked for whatever reason.

- try a tracert/traceroute:

In Windows7, type cmd into the search box (do not hit enter). From the results that appear, find cmd or cmd.exe under Programs. In the black box, type tracert curse.com

It should finish within 30 seconds and should end at one of those above-mentioned IPs, with no * * * or timeout entries.

If it loads partially, I'd suspect some kind of packet filtering security aborts the connection - but supposedly Rogers does not  do this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And if they were.. why would it effect only SOME users? (vs when they WERE doing the torrent based filtering, which DID effect all)

I connect regularily, almsot daily to the curse site, from my rogers connection.. and haven not had an issue yet.
(but i am using the google DNS)