Current HTC one x version?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Current HTC one x version?

Hey guys. My wife has a one x and according to the OS upgrade schedule android 4.3 should have been released. Multiple attempts at checking for new software results in none found. Currently running 4.1.

What version of Android are you all running?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Current HTC one x version?

Hello Hallagwath

Its a bit confusing but on the Rogers OS upgrade schedule HTC One is the new HTC model named HTC One. The HTC One X has been discontinued months ago from Rogers and will not be getting any updates.. The Canadian model will not be getting it any updates after the last one. The HTC One and HTC One X  are 2 different models and the HTC One was released a few monts ago with 4.2.2 on it so Rogers posted that the current HTC One customers can download the 4.3 update. HTC One X again will not be getting the update or any update in the future. 

HTC One - http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one/

HTC one X - http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-x/

I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, well that's a let down. Last time I'll ever buy a phone from a carrier.

Time to convice her to let me mod it with cyanogenmod.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hallagwath

This is not only the carriers fault here. The manufacturer makes the decision as well. Anyways sorry to hear that tho.
I've Been Around

sorry, not sure why you say its the manufacturers fault, the HTC One X on Roger and ATT are the only two left behind on the update, every other carrier in the world updated it in september or so, rogers left its customers hanging when they could of picked up the ball and pushed out the update.  the source code/kernel/etc all exists out there for this phone to be updated one version up from its current standing version as it is on rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello arffra

You need to understand its the carrier and the manufacturer deciding which update will go on the device, not just the carrier.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Not quite right, the international variant of the One X is not the same one as the AT&T or Rogers model.

Likely HTC decided not to do the update for this version of the hardware, therefore Rogers and AT&T customers got the short end of the stick due to HTC.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Exactly. The update is controlled first by the manufacturer before the carrier. So if HTC said they wouldn't, then the carriers have no choice but to listen to them.