Current APN Settings for MMS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pm321
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Current APN Settings for MMS

I have a samsung galaxy vibrant with same issues of not being able to download mms. i have turned off the auto-retrieve as suggested on other forums. I am on the Rogers network and still continue to have this problem.

DerekYVR
I've Been Around

Hi have an unlocked Doro Phone Easy 618 with no data plan, but have SMS. Do you know the configuration for that phone? I cannot seem to locate it anywhere, and Rogers Wireless is not helpful.

Uhtameit
I've Been Around

I'm encoutering the same issue with my Nokia E72, and these settings don't work. Any help?

stokd
I Plan to Stick Around

There seem to be some different fields for Windows Phone, can someone post exactly what should be there for Windows Phone 8? Currently whenever I power cycle my phone I have to contact Rogers, they said to come here but this really doesn't help my situation. It would be a huge help. 

Pharma
I've Been Around

How to configure an iPhone (all models)

Insert your Rogers SIM card and turn the iPhone on. You will be asked to activate your phone. Follow the wizard on the screen to complete the activation. Activation can be done over Wi-Fi (depending on your software version) or by connecting to your computer and using iTunes. After you finish the activation, your iPhone will be set up properly to use the Internet on the Rogers network.

How to configure an Android™ device

Android is available on many devices and different versions exist in the market. Some of the names, information or settings below may vary depending on the device you have. This guide was made to provide instructions on as many devices and versions of the Android OS as possible starting from Android version 2.0. 

1. Tap on 
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
      2. Once on the APN screen, press the options button on the device.

3. Tap on New APN.

4. NAME: Give a name to the APN in front of Name field. Below are the APN settings.

APN Settings:
      • APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

If you have a LTE device, use the following settings:
      • APN: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture Messaging) Settings:

5. Leave the followings fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, server

6. Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save to save the APN settings.

7. Open the internet browser icon on your device and start browsing. There are occasions where restarting your device is needed before it can browse. If you cannot connect to the internet, restart the phone and try browsing the internet again.

Note:
       The created APN will show up on the APNs screen. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button in front of APN.

How to configure a BlackBerry device

To bring over an unlocked BlackBerry® device, just insert your Rogers SIM card and turn the phone on. If you subscribe to a Data Plan, ensure it is a BlackBerry® plan. The required BlackBerry® service books will be sent to your phone, and the messaging and browser settings will be automatically configured.

If you do not subscribe to a data plan, you should still be able to use MMS and access the Rogers portal. If the operating system is prior to OS5, set up your browser settings to use the WAP Browser.

Check OS version via Option -> About

If you can't find WAP Bowser, click the Browser on the home screen, click Blackberry® logo to go to menu, Option-> General Properties->Default Browser-> WAP Browser

If you have any problems accessing the Internet on your phone, look up help in BlackBerry® browser menu.

How to configure other smartphones

Please refer to the user guide from the phone manufacturer for instructions. You might need the following information.

APN Settings:
      • APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

If you have a LTE device, use the following settings:
      • APN: LTEMOBILE.APN

How to configure a mobile phone

Please refer to the user guide from the phone manufacturer for instructions. You might need the following information.

WAP Settings:
      • APN: goam.com
      • Proxy: 10.128.1.69
      • Port: 80

Internet Settings:
      • APN: internet.com
      • Proxy: 10.128.1.69
      • Port: 80

Page 1 of 1  

Did you find what you were looking for?    Yes  No

View solution in original post

kem238
I've Been Around

I tried for My Samsung SII LTE unlocked phone same thing but not working then called Rogers they did same thing but you know it send me 2 PIC messages but again stop . Just curious I have MMS with rogers but don’t have any data plan. When I on my Mobile Data It immediately give BBM is connected but I try to send email but it sending failure, question BBM use any data and Rogers is going to charge for it.

ashleysmith
I've Been Around

samsung s4 unlocked 

honestly my phone is an unlocked phone.  didnt have no internet when i would leave my house.  the real apn setting u need is 

Name: rogers

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

username: wapuser1

password: wap 

and leave everything else how it is on the phone and u should be good.  thx to a rogers tech that i talk to..  hope this helps someone.. i could of used this...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ashleysmith

That is ONLY for none LTE devices as that APN won't give you LTE, just regular 3G data. So this will ONLY help ones that don't need LTE for data.

This was also posted on page 1 and on this page as well!. Thanks tho:)
mindmosis
I've Been Around

Meowmix, thank you so much. I haven't been able to get my phone to receive mms photos for months. Changing my APN settings solved it. You're awesome!

kaaay
I've Been Around

under my apn for my rogers phone my MMS proxy is set to mmsproxy.rogers.com but i see everyone on the internet for rogers is using 10.128.1.69. What is the difference?