Creating ringtones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Creating ringtones

I have Samsung Forever SGH-A886

Using PC studio I can see the audio folder in my phone and upload MP3s. But they aren't accepted as ringtones. Is there a way to make your own ringtones for this phone or are you stuck with paying for them?

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Creating ringtones

Try some different formats for your ringtones.  I used to have a Nokia N95 and I could use almost every audio format as a ringtone except for .mp3 files.  

I found some programs on the interwebs to convert .mp3 to .wav and they worked perfectly for me, your mileage may vary as I have never owned that model of phone.  

You could also look here

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/all-phones/SGH-A886ZKARWC/index.idx?pagetype...    once you get to the page click on the TAB that says "How-to-guides" and select the link that says 30598. How to set a MP3 file as a Ringtone  , it may or may not work as the model listed seems to be the (SCH-I910) , I have no idea why it is listed in the help section for the SGH-A886

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Try some different formats for your ringtones.  I used to have a Nokia N95 and I could use almost every audio format as a ringtone except for .mp3 files.  

I found some programs on the interwebs to convert .mp3 to .wav and they worked perfectly for me, your mileage may vary as I have never owned that model of phone.  

You could also look here

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/all-phones/SGH-A886ZKARWC/index.idx?pagetype...    once you get to the page click on the TAB that says "How-to-guides" and select the link that says 30598. How to set a MP3 file as a Ringtone  , it may or may not work as the model listed seems to be the (SCH-I910) , I have no idea why it is listed in the help section for the SGH-A886

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I did go to that link before posting here originally, but it doesn't match my phone. But I will try some different formats and see if that works.

According to specs I found online, it says my phone accepts Truetone/MP3. Not sure what truetone is, so I guess I should google it.