Crashing and Rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trfdshhfdzfh
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Crashing and Rebooting

That is my plan to swap out the 8600HD for something much newer. But only once after I confirm if my eHDD is at fault all of my other problems.

Thank you for your input.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@trfdshhfdzfh Obviously you know how to access diagnostics if yo see your signal strength is good. There should be a diagnostics page with the hard drives that would tell you if there may be a problem. But you'd have to put the eHDD back to see it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
trfdshhfdzfh
I've Been Here Awhile

Problem solved. The eHDD , DVR 1TB memory extender was at fault. Replaced it and no longer have issues with the recorded programs causing freezing, rebooting, 192 hours, or live TV freezing etc.

As for the 8600 box, manager suggested to upgrade it to the NB3 as it handles the software and communication with newer TV sets flawlessly.

cokeybil
I Plan to Stick Around

If you think Rogers does their updates and downloads at 2 AM like clockwork, you need to really check that out. I have had reboots because of updating at 6PM, 9PM and 11PM or any evening time they fell like doing it. Whoever is flicking the flicking switch, does so at different times. Maybe the person sending the updates live in India or some place out of Canada's time zone and can't figure out what time zones are when it's 2AM in the eastern time zone. That statement you made is completely "FALSE".

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are two different type of updates.

The standard GUIDE updates usually happen in the 12-2ish window.

The other software updates, the firmware, etc... yes seem to happen at just about any time.
Its usually rolled out in waves... specific areas.. and even then it probably does smaller portions of that area over different times to spread out the load.
Imagine every device, trying to update at the exact same time?