cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countdown to Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

ssheane
I've Been Here Awhile

Just thought I would open a new thread for anyone with any info/speculation on when the LTE Galaxy S2 will be released and how much it will cost.  I have one reserved but I am getting tired waiting for it.

***edited labels***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Countdown to Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@ssheane wrote:

Just thought I would open a new thread for anyone with any info/speculation on when the LTE Galaxy S2 will be released and how much it will cost.  I have one reserved but I am getting tired waiting for it.

Just out of curiosity, have you received any of the promised "weekly updates" by email?

ssheane
I've Been Here Awhile

I have not heard anything from them since the day I got my confirmation that my device was reserved - the day after the reservations were possible.

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

Has your place on the "waiting list" moved at all?  I've barely moved in three weeks 😞

LxAntolak
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, how did you reserve your Galaxy S2? I have been trying to, but can’t seem to find it. In store reps and customer service reps told be on the web site under "wireless – Devices – then search for the phone" but it’s not there. Thanks in Advanced

does anyone know when this phone is going to be available

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

"Hey, how did you reserve your Galaxy S2? I have been trying to, but can’t seem to find it. In store reps and customer service reps told be on the web site under "wireless – Devices – then search for the phone" but it’s not there. Thanks in Advanced"

Login to your account - select "my rogers" and it should populate any services you have with Rogers.  Once its loaded the page a picture of your current phone will show and under it some options.  One of them is "device reservation" (its a red button).  Click that and you can select from there.  Note I couldnt' get the site to work properly with IE9 so had to login again using a chrome browser.

javi
I've Been Here Awhile

mine has moved a few spots......most likely because people are opting out of it and waiting for the iPhone4S 5S or whatever they wanna call that piece of junk.......(great marketing scheme but really that phone is a scam)...... Most likely rogers will be launching the S2LTE after the announcement from the "Rotten Apple" is official.... (you know samsung....they "Copy Apple" but really they perfect the products that apple launches LOL).  

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@ssheane wrote:

In case you haven't seen it on www.rogerslte.com, here are the revised specs and price (still no date - sorry)

• AWS for connectivity on the Rogers LTE network
  • Tri-band HSPA+/Quad-band EDGE for connectivity on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network and international roaming
  • Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor
  • 4.5” WVGA Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen (480x800)
  • Android 2.3 operating system
  • 1GB RAM; 16GB internal memory
  • 8MP rear camera with flash, 2MP front facing camera
  • $199.99 with a 3-year hardware discount agreement ($649.99 No-term)

Kevin_Smith
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved an S2 LTE a few days ago and my # is ~768.

But I am outside the GTA, so I am wondering if I will get mine in sequence, or if LTEs will be diverted to the GTA and Ottawa until those [major media and government centers, with lots of "opinion leaders"] are satisfied?

lisabolshin
I've Been Here Awhile

i'm also wondering why the waiting list is moving so slowly. i've moved about 30 spots in 5 days. any news on the release date?? i dont want to be waiting months and months for this phone 

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@lisabolshin wrote:

i'm also wondering why the waiting list is moving so slowly. i've moved about 30 spots in 5 days. any news on the release date?? i dont want to be waiting months and months for this phone 

that's not bad, Lisa, considering you're only moving because people in front of you are cancelling their reservations.  No one has yet received a phone.

There have been rumblings about Oct 18 but I would guess you'll have this by the end of the month.  I'm still considering abandoning this for the Nexus Prime even if I have to wait.

gderock
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke to someone in their rententions department today, no point in speaking to anyone else at Rogers because they have no clue about anything nor can they offer you anything worth while.  I was actually calling to do a hardware upgrade and had given the girl the green light to send me a Blackberry Bold 9900 when I thought to ask about the Samsung Galaxy SII LTE and she said it will be available Oct 18th.  As a hardware upgrade it would cost me the price of a new customer on a 3 year committment which is $199.99.  I was just about to spend $169.99 on the BB Bold 9900 but I decided to hold off on that and give this some thought.  I have been a BB user for a very long time, but I have seen the Galaxy SII in action, a friend of mine has one with Bell and it's a pretty awesome smartphone. 

Any other BB users out there thinking about making the move to Samsung Galaxy SII?  I am still not 100% convinced I will leave BB so I would be interested to know what others think.

Regarding reserving your device.  I don't think there is any advantage at all.  All Rogers stores will be stocked with it.  I am pretty sure that I can pick up the phone and call Rogers on Oct 18th and get one shipped to me.  This is just my opinion.

wpooh888
I've Been Here Awhile

@gderock wrote:

I spoke to someone in their rententions department today, no point in speaking to anyone else at Rogers because they have no clue about anything nor can they offer you anything worth while.  I was actually calling to do a hardware upgrade and had given the girl the green light to send me a Blackberry Bold 9900 when I thought to ask about the Samsung Galaxy SII LTE and she said it will be available Oct 18th.  As a hardware upgrade it would cost me the price of a new customer on a 3 year committment which is $199.99.  I was just about to spend $169.99 on the BB Bold 9900 but I decided to hold off on that and give this some thought.  I have been a BB user for a very long time, but I have seen the Galaxy SII in action, a friend of mine has one with Bell and it's a pretty awesome smartphone. 

Any other BB users out there thinking about making the move to Samsung Galaxy SII?  I am still not 100% convinced I will leave BB so I would be interested to know what others think.

Regarding reserving your device.  I don't think there is any advantage at all.  All Rogers stores will be stocked with it.  I am pretty sure that I can pick up the phone and call Rogers on Oct 18th and get one shipped to me.  This is just my opinion.

I've been a BB user for about 3 years now . . the evolution of the Smart Phone has prompted my to jump ship.  Especially after my wife got an Android phone last November and we just purchased a Galaxy Tab 10.1 as well.  No hesitation for me, the only thing I will miss will be a QWERTY keyboard which I'm sure with a 4.5 inch screen my fat fingers won't have too much difficulty typing 😃  I do have the device reserved and I've been off contract since October 7th, I have a new contract waiting for me for when I do my HUP . . in the meantime . . I'm month to month getting it up the ole you know what since my credits have fallen off so I can't wait too long . . still considering waiting for the Nexus Prime however.

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around
I am on iphone 3g. Sick & tired of it.

I am desperately waiting for Galaxy S2 but Rogers is just not showing any sign of bringing it in their inventory.

I hv reserved an Iphone 4s so that i can sell it and buy a galaxy s2 privately.

Hoping that Rogers launches Galaxy S2 before i get my Iphone 4s.

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around
Does anybody know if getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE is going to cost more in your monthly plan?

Does LTE service cost extra?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@binny303 wrote:
Does anybody know if getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE is going to cost more in your monthly plan?

Does LTE service cost extra?

there is an introductory offer for LTE service ~$50/mo for 10Gig

Phone plan won't change

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around

So is this 50/month compulsory to get the Galaxy lte phone or is it optional?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

It shouldn't be because places like where I live in, Manitoba, we don't have LTE coverage and probably won't have it till 1st qrt 2012. So I'm guessing you can still use 4G/3G coverage and not pay/use LTE.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@binny303 wrote:

So is this 50/month compulsory to get the Galaxy lte phone or is it optional?

completely optional.  you can continue to run the phone on you existing plan with you existing SIM.  Of course, you won't benefit from the faster LTE network.  I've got 6GB for $30 and haven't made up my mind yet whether I'm switching but probably will.

I just hope the Nexus Prime comes out before they pull the plug on the promo rate

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Two questions...why would you have to change your existing SIM?  Can't rogers just change your plan at their end?  Second question;  if you are # 585 on the wqaiting list, does that mean you are #585 at the location that you have chosen to pick up the phone, or are you #585 in rogers ENTIRE distribution?

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats