Countdown to Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Countdown to Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

Just thought I would open a new thread for anyone with any info/speculation on when the LTE Galaxy S2 will be released and how much it will cost.  I have one reserved but I am getting tired waiting for it.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Countdown to Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

@ssheane wrote:

Just thought I would open a new thread for anyone with any info/speculation on when the LTE Galaxy S2 will be released and how much it will cost.  I have one reserved but I am getting tired waiting for it.

Just out of curiosity, have you received any of the promised "weekly updates" by email?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have not heard anything from them since the day I got my confirmation that my device was reserved - the day after the reservations were possible.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has your place on the "waiting list" moved at all?  I've barely moved in three weeks 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, how did you reserve your Galaxy S2? I have been trying to, but can’t seem to find it. In store reps and customer service reps told be on the web site under "wireless – Devices – then search for the phone" but it’s not there. Thanks in Advanced

Highlighted
I've Been Around

does anyone know when this phone is going to be available

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

"Hey, how did you reserve your Galaxy S2? I have been trying to, but can’t seem to find it. In store reps and customer service reps told be on the web site under "wireless – Devices – then search for the phone" but it’s not there. Thanks in Advanced"

Login to your account - select "my rogers" and it should populate any services you have with Rogers.  Once its loaded the page a picture of your current phone will show and under it some options.  One of them is "device reservation" (its a red button).  Click that and you can select from there.  Note I couldnt' get the site to work properly with IE9 so had to login again using a chrome browser.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

mine has moved a few spots......most likely because people are opting out of it and waiting for the iPhone4S 5S or whatever they wanna call that piece of junk.......(great marketing scheme but really that phone is a scam)...... Most likely rogers will be launching the S2LTE after the announcement from the "Rotten Apple" is official.... (you know samsung....they "Copy Apple" but really they perfect the products that apple launches LOL).  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ssheane wrote:

In case you haven't seen it on www.rogerslte.com, here are the revised specs and price (still no date - sorry)

• AWS for connectivity on the Rogers LTE network
  • Tri-band HSPA+/Quad-band EDGE for connectivity on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network and international roaming
  • Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor
  • 4.5” WVGA Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen (480x800)
  • Android 2.3 operating system
  • 1GB RAM; 16GB internal memory
  • 8MP rear camera with flash, 2MP front facing camera
  • $199.99 with a 3-year hardware discount agreement ($649.99 No-term)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved an S2 LTE a few days ago and my # is ~768.

But I am outside the GTA, so I am wondering if I will get mine in sequence, or if LTEs will be diverted to the GTA and Ottawa until those [major media and government centers, with lots of "opinion leaders"] are satisfied?