Could not activate cellular data network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdaddy12
I've Been Here Awhile

Could not activate cellular data network

I live in Chatham Ontario and I have been having problems with the Rogers network. For the past week the data network doesn't want to seem to connect and I keep getting the error message "Could not activate cellular data network". Its basically not connecting to the internet. I have also had problems with it dropping a lot of calls lately, or not getting the calls to come through at all. I have contacted Rogers once and they said there was a problem with the data network in Ontario and should only be 24 hours. its not been 5 days and I am still experiencing this problem. I have had no problems with it up till this week. Anyone else having this problem or have any more information on it?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Could not activate cellular data network

First you can try resetting the network settings

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

This has worked for me in the past with wifi issues but it might help with 3G as well.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

What Carrier version do you have?

Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier

It should be Rogers 8.0
Jdaddy12
I've Been Here Awhile

Confirmed it isRogers 8.0........

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

I used to have the same problem when I used an iPhone, and it was not network related. The way I solved the issue was to do a software restore of the lastest version. Have you tried this yet? If not, make sure you sync your phone to itunes, complete a backup then choose "restore".

Please reply back here if you try this/have tried this and it has not worked.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

First you can try resetting the network settings

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

This has worked for me in the past with wifi issues but it might help with 3G as well.

View solution in original post