Cortana Announced in Canadian Market

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Cortana Announced in Canadian Market

Another bit of news from Microsoft! It was announced yesterday by Microsoft That Cortana will be coming to the Canadian market in the coming months! Yay! Initially Canada was a market that would not get Cortana upon release of Windows 10. Nice to hear that we will get it sooner rather than later.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Cortana Announced in Canadian Market

Cortana sounds pretty exciting for Windows users!

Sounds like Siri has some competition coming! Smiley Wink

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted

Cortana is pretty amazing. Anyone with the Denim update can get her on her windows phone device after the upgrade. to get the American Beta version with more features set the region, language, speech and keyboard to United States - English and you will have the Beta version. The only thing is that if you want to make any app purchases you have to restart the phone with the proper regional settings to get them.

With Windows 10 users will be able to interact with her directly on your computer provided you have the proper microphones/settings etc as soon as its available on the Canadian market.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You state that Cortana will be available on the computer, but don't mention the phone.  Does that mean that it will not be on the phone, if and when it updates to Windows 10?

Highlighted

@Frenchie2

When windows 10 is released as Canadians we may have the Alpha version of Cortana until Microsoft releases it for the Canadian market for windows 10 for PC. As of right now we have the "Alpha" version of Cortana. To get it in Beta you have to change your phones region, speech and language setting to the United States.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

B

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.  I did follow your instructions to get the Beta on my windows phone. Love it so far, now to discover all that it can do.

Do you know if I have to switch my region back to Canada when I am roaming?

Highlighted

@Frenchie2

Glad you are enjoying Cortana! its a great assistant! very convenient for sending texts hands free. Yes you can switch your region back to Canada at anytime. Just make the switch and restart your phone. Keep in mind as well that if you attempt to make any purchases on your phone that you will also have to switch the region back or else it won't work.