Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Corporate Reservation

I have been following this thread for about a week now; I have two 16GB Black's on order. 

The first was placed 10/4 and the second was on 10/12.  I am in spot 3043 and 3613, respectively.

I understand it's only been about a month (3 weeks for the second device ordered), but I became seriously concerned when, after a month of waiting, I had only moved down around 900 spots and that's when I came across this forum.  I suppose it's good to hear that the reservation number means next to nothing but am saddened to hear that it appears Rogers is giving preference to (a) regular consumer accounts over corporate; and (b) customers who complain.  What's the point in having a "reservation system" when people are allowed to but in line?

The last two posts from Rogers reps were vague and scripted.  Why should we even have to escalate our concerns and post in these forums?  Why weren't things just done fairly and honestly in the first place?  Things that keep me up at night...

I Plan to Stick Around

Charriss,

I can say that I did speak with the Office of Pres. and I have my doubts that regardless of whether or not you ordered on the consumer side or corporate side it does not matter. The fact is that people were posting on the cosumer site that they were going into progress before us despite having ordered after us. These were the same models that we had ordered. I was told that I shouldn't take these posts at face value however I don't see what these people would have to gain by lying? At any rate, I'm sure that it wasn't coincidence that suddenly things started moving extremely quickly on the corporate end after we raised a stink over the issue. I did say that I didn't think it was a coincidence that our phones shipped so quickly either. All I can say is hopefully the initial rush and backlog is over and you'll get your phone in due time. I'd expect to wait at least 4 to 5 weeks. I was at 38 days when it went into progress and shipped.

I can say that I will not use the reservation system again. The next time around I'll wait for the dust to settle, walk into my local Rogers store and get the phone that way. It's far less stressful.

Good luck!

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I had some solid movement on Friday and moved from Pre Fulfillment all the way to Finalization and have stallled since. Mind you it was a 7pm Friday (2nd) evening.

Guessing this is normal and I'll see it ship over the next few days.

I Plan to Stick Around

I emailed the obmudsman 9:30am on Friday and received a message back from Kim Walker's office at around 4:30pm the same day. I think the message was a standard reply, but basically said that the office of the president hadn't received my complaint, I should follow the steps of 'escalation' and contact them first, that they (ombudsman office) had gone ahead and forwarded my complaint to the president's office, and that I should expect a reply within 48 hours. As of today (Tues, Nov 6) I have not received so much as an auto-reply from the office of the president.

The last time I checked yesterday my reservation status had not moved even one spot (still #972), but when I checked this morning there had been some progress:

Reservation Spot    #0 out of 1560

In progress    In progress(Activation)    11/5/2012 4:55:01 PM

In progress(Activation)    In progress(Finalization)    11/5/2012 8:36:41 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, I've read many people complaining about sitting in activation for a long while.

I'm not confident there was any correlation between my email and the sudden change in my reservation status though - a Rogers rep did mention that they were expecting another large shipment from Apple early this week.

Regardless, when the office of the president still hasn't replied to me by end of day today I will resend my complaint to the ombudsman.

I realize that some genius kid statistician/mathematician just out of University has come up with an algorithm showing that catering to new Rogers' customers is fiscally wiser than not sending existing customers to the back of the line, and that because corporate clients are less-likely to switch to another provider than regular consumers, it makes most sense to serve the regular consumers first, but as a customer that doesn't work for me.

It seems that's the way most big business is run nowadays though. We're all just a number spit out by some kid's equation, and fair or not we're just plugged back into the big formula for maximizing the board's profits.

Does anyone else remember when businesses tried to earn your money and didn't feel the need to try to steal it? When enough profit was enough? How about a time when a complaint to customer service actually made a difference?

Ah well, I'll still send in my complaint - if they get enough of them maybe someone will pay attention (if that kid's math deems it beneficial! lol)

End of rant. LOL

I'm Here A Lot

I received the same email yesterday morning as well! then shortly throughout the day my numbers for my 2 64 gig blacks dropped by 100 at a time, 1325-1219-1107....over the entire day mind you.

finally, last night around 8:00pm my status changed to In progress(activation). Now i am not sure if this is due to the complaints filed by myself or the list is actually starting to move... it does seem a tad fishy though In my oppinion to be honest with all of you.

we shall see what happens in the next couple of days i guess!!

goodluck all!!

(recieved 2/4 iphones ordered-2x32gig white within a week) 

Still waiting on the 64 gig  blacks

I'm Here A Lot

my reservation number was also bumped down to zero but when i checked a few minutes ago it was bumped back up to 1286 but was also changed to finalization!!!! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually got my phone today. I can get out of the blue in the spreadsheet now!

I Plan to Stick Around

As expected, no reply from the office of the president. Emailed the office of the ombudsman again, was informed that they would follow up with the office of the president, shortly thereafter received shipping email from Rogers.

#955 out of 1538

In progress(Finalization)    Shipped-Closed    11/7/2012 11:49:01 AM

Progress - 41 days later.

I've Been Here Awhile

I made a corporate reservation for my phone through the agent in the Business services department and had two reservations made for myself and my wife. The order for my wife was a new connection and I made the request on Oct 31st for both of us. She received her phone (16GB black) in 3 days whereas I am on the wait list being an existing customer with the eait list #4733 currently.

I really would like to understand from someone on how this works as Rogers claims that there is only one queue but I surely feel they are serving new customers with priority over existing customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had my phone for a few days. It's awesome. Smiley Happy good luck everyone who is still waiting...!